Home » Community » Work in progress » How to upload full color 3d printing from 3ds max
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  How to upload full color 3d printing from 3ds max [message #36455] Wed, 12 October 2011 02:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar idtdi  is currently offline idtdi
Go to all my models
Hi guys:
How to show Full Color Sandstone in my models as a UV texture map, my ZIP upload done,the texture is a JPG file and that it has the same name as the .wrl file, but show a blue box,not my texture map.

How to confirm my model is correct upload?
How to confirm my model can be right into color print?
index.php?t=getfile&id=11390&private=0

Re: How to upload full color 3d printing from 3ds max [message #36466 is a reply to message #36455 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 06:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
In my experience, if it is displays wrong in the Shapeways viewer, it will print wrong in full Color Sandstone.
Open the vrlm file with a text editor and check the texture name (search for jpg for instance): the name must be the same than the jpg file in your zip file and without any folder name.
You can also try to open the wrml file with a wrml viewer (Cortona 3D for instance) even if the fact that you can view it proprerly with the viewer is not a guarantee: if if the viewer fails, then there is a trouble for sure...

BTW, those spheres seem to be attached to the whole structure by a very thin part: make sure you comply with the FCS rules.

[EDIT] Welcome to Shapeways Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2011 06:07 UTC]

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: How to upload full color 3d printing from 3ds max [message #36620 is a reply to message #36466 ] Fri, 14 October 2011 02:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar idtdi  is currently offline idtdi
Go to all my models
Laughing
@Magic Thank you very much!
I open the vrlm file with a text editor and check the texture name And changed it,Upload again Now that's normal color!
about spheres and the whole structure's Intermediate connecting parts, i'll get it!
THX !
index.php?t=getfile&id=11413&private=0

Previous Topic:want to print in glass but can't!
Next Topic:Question on Gaps for Silver

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.