Home » Support » 3D Applications » Manifold problems in Sketchup
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Manifold problems in Sketchup [message #2979] Sun, 15 February 2009 05:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar cmdrico7812  is currently offline cmdrico7812
Go to all my models
I am very new to Shapeways. I'm trying to create a model in Sketchup with all manifold objects and I'm having trouble. I want to be able to create my file in Sketchup, Export as a .DAE file and then upload to Shapeways, however, I get the non-manifold objects message every time I try. It's a fairly simple model. I have attached it. Could someone take a look and show me why I still have non-manifold objects in my model? Or offer advice on how to get rid of them in Sketchup? Much thanks in advance.

Eric

• Attachment: Container.skp
    (Size: 126.64KB, Downloaded 145 time(s))

Re: Manifold problems in Sketchup [message #3006 is a reply to message #2979 ] Tue, 17 February 2009 08:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi cmdrico7812 Cool

My name is Ralph and i am Shapeways Webmaster. There are some known problems with Google Sketch up.

The file is in a 'dialect' that we can't process right now. You can re-exported it using MeshLab (free open source software - http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/ )

For example. Save your file as collada. Then open it in Meshlab, save it, and upload it again. This will work just fine.

Hope this helps Very Happy !

Cheers, Ralph

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager

Previous Topic:Scale problems
Next Topic:VectorWorks