Home » Support » 3D Applications » Scale problems
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Scale problems [message #2973] Sat, 14 February 2009 00:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar shmails  is currently offline shmails
Go to my shop
Hi. I am new to this forum, and was trying to test a simple design to check cost and quality. The item is a Lego type head drawn in 3ds max and exported as a .dxf document. I then open accutrans and open the file, and it is way out of scale. The original is 3/4" large, but it is saying that the size is way over the maximum. It is the type of item that would fit onto an existing one, so size and fit are very important. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Re: Scale problems [message #2978 is a reply to message #2973 ] Sat, 14 February 2009 23:04 UTC Go to previous message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi shmails,

Not sure what is going wrong in your conversion chain. But you can scale within accutrans. Just select "Save with options". You find the scaling factor (default = 1.0) on the right side of the dialog.

Cheers!

Robert

Previous Topic:Upload error ?
Next Topic:Manifold problems in Sketchup

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.