Home » Support » 3D Design » how does this real lamp neck works?? any idea's?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
how does this real lamp neck works?? any idea's? [message #35924] Wed, 05 October 2011 12:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar janis  is currently offline janis
Go to all my models
hi

well i'm about 2/3weeks thinking of how it works..
and i don't have any clue..

you can make a neck but it will go down to eath because of the gravity force..

and on the photo it will be set on the position you want..

any idea's how this Technic works and the name for it?

gr.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 October 2011 12:57 UTC]

Re: how does this real lamp neck works?? any idea's? [message #35926 is a reply to message #35924 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 13:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
In german it's called "Schwanenhals" (gooseneck?), but I don't know how it works.

Re: how does this real lamp neck works?? any idea's? [message #35973 is a reply to message #35926 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 19:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
aaah ok thank you Smile

danke da fur.

well now i need to know how it works hahah...

gr.
Re: how does this real lamp neck works?? any idea's? [message #35974 is a reply to message #35926 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 19:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Gooseneck is a valid name. The metal part is a spiral of metal sheet profile, very tight and overlapping, so internal friction keeps the shape if the load is small. Others just have a flexible metal wire inside, with external ribbed cover.
Re: how does this real lamp neck works?? any idea's? [message #35975 is a reply to message #35974 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 19:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
uuu.. is it possible to make it in 3d and print it?

is it possible that can draw it, because i'm not totally following..

gr.
Re: how does this real lamp neck works?? any idea's? [message #35976 is a reply to message #35924 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 19:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
It definitely wouldn't be easy to print something with enough clearance not to bind, but tight enough to have rigidity in one piece. maybe if you make pieces that snapped together with a hole up the middle for the cable to run through.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: how does this real lamp neck works?? any idea's? [message #35980 is a reply to message #35975 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 19:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Janis,

In principle it is not a lot different to this, but it would take a fair bit of tinkering to make it work as a one piece print... it could probably be done quite easily with snap fit ball joint type parts as a multi-piece print though.

Paul

Previous Topic:Converting Matrix into CAD drawing
Next Topic:Errors Uploading Models

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.