Home » Support » 3D Applications » Yet another texture export problem with 3DS Max
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Yet another texture export problem with 3DS Max [message #35811] Mon, 03 October 2011 20:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Hi all,

I have a problem while exporting VRML file from 3DS Max, but I think it is different from this one.
I have a model with a single texture (since only one texture is supported by Shapeways) that is cut into two the upper part is for the outside of the model, the lower part for the inside.
The problem is that the mapping of these two parts of texture to the two sides of the model generates this instruction into the wrl file:
textureTransform TextureTransform {
center 0.5 0.5
translation 0.5 0
scale 1 0.5
}
There are twice of these instructions.
The result in Shapeways is that :
http://www.shapeways.com/model/340558/
The texture is not good.
In tried to visualize the file in Cortona 3D (VRML visualizer) and the texture is also messed up.

I fixed that by manually modifying the values:
textureTransform TextureTransform {
center 0 1
translation 0 0
scale 1 0.49
}
Now it is OK in Cortona 3D.
But after uploading it to Shapeways the result is still not good:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/340557/

So my questions are:
- Is the textureTransform node supported by Shapeways?
- If not, is there a way to apply this transformation directly to the UV (to "bake" the different transformations) with a tool? (Meshlab did not help)

Thanks,

Magic.

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Yet another texture export problem with 3DS Max [message #35992 is a reply to message #35811 ] Wed, 05 October 2011 21:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
No idea?

So many things to design, so little time...

Previous Topic:Lightwave thickness checking scripts
Next Topic:Google sketchup 8 file input error

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.