Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » It arrived! » painted prints
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
painted prints [message #35406] Thu, 29 September 2011 15:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar bdeaver  is currently offline bdeaver
Go to my shop
On the 3 larger models, they are FUD. I scrubbed them with soap and water, lightly sanded off some rings left by the printer, and painted them with Krylon metal paints. I was amazed how much detail popped out when I put the paint on.

The smaller model on the chain is stainless steel. I'm happy with how much detail it has for such a small object.

bobd
Re: painted prints [message #35413 is a reply to message #35406 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 16:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Wow! Those look really fantastic, great job!!!!!!!
Re: painted prints [message #35464 is a reply to message #35413 ] Thu, 29 September 2011 19:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks! I really appreciate the compliment. I've done my share of experimenting with different materials and paints. I think I found a good combo.

bobd
Re: painted prints [message #35528 is a reply to message #35464 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 16:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey bdeaver, that's a very impressive effect!

I show cased it in Friday Finds this week, alongside a couple of metal pieces. Wink

http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/1030-Friday-Finds-3D- Printed-Designs-From-the-Shapeways-Community.html

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: painted prints [message #35532 is a reply to message #35528 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 16:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Awesome! Thanks!

bobd
Re: painted prints [message #35534 is a reply to message #35532 ] Fri, 30 September 2011 16:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
My pleasure!

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Monkey Island Figures
Next Topic:Lion Skull Ring

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.