Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Any options for the Default Image
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Any options for the Default Image [message #35202] Mon, 26 September 2011 22:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar formpig  is currently offline formpig
Go to all my models
Hi All.

Hoping to make sure I am not missing anything.

Do I have an option to create my own render settings for the default image by any chance?

I have photos of an actual model and in some ways it seems weird to have the default grey render with the relatively arbitrary axon view.

Do I have any options here like making it look like chrome or setting some other view or something equally goofy or spiffy/

Thanks!
Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35207 is a reply to message #35202 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 22:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
There's no settings to make the standard grey image more 'spiffy', but you can upload an image (be it photo or render) and set that as the default image - goto the model page, click edit to 'on' (upper right of page), upload new image, refresh the page after waiting a bit (there's no indication for the upload progress or success) and then click the radio button next to the image to make it the default image.

Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35208 is a reply to message #35207 ] Mon, 26 September 2011 22:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar formpig  is currently offline formpig
Go to all my models
Thank you.

I assumed this was the case but I wanted to check. Thanks for confirming.

Maybe I can put in a request for a two tone background or something : )

Cheers and big thanks.
Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35252 is a reply to message #35202 ] Tue, 27 September 2011 14:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
It's a Blender render, so you could render you own similar image with a 2 tone background.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35312 is a reply to message #35252 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 12:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey formpig

You can get the blender render files here if you want to use that as a starting point

http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/404-Shapeways-release s-Blender-rending-files-under-Creative-Commons-License.html

Cheers

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35323 is a reply to message #35312 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 13:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniversalJoint  is currently offline UniversalJoint
Go to my shop
Hi Duann.

Thank you. Just so I am clear, this would not take the place of the default image it would be in addition to the Default, yes?

Also, can I please ask you how I get to the Show All My Messages portion of the Forum? Another user showed me how to get there when clicking on my name while actually in the forum when I am actually in a thread I participated in but how do I get there from my home page or from the pulldowns? I am not finding this for some reason.

Thanks.

Jon
Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35325 is a reply to message #35323 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 13:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Universal Joint wrote on Wed, 28 September 2011 13:46

Hi Duann.

Thank you. Just so I am clear, this would not take the place of the default image it would be in addition to the Default, yes?

Also, can I please ask you how I get to the Show All My Messages portion of the Forum? Another user showed me how to get there when clicking on my name while actually in the forum when I am actually in a thread I participated in but how do I get there from my home page or from the pulldowns? I am not finding this for some reason.

Thanks.

Jon

Jon,

It wouldn't replace your default, you can upload the image in your models edit section, and set which image you want to show to buyers first.

Your second part (that was me!) I'm not seeing it anywhere else either. You can save this link some where http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=showposts&id= 24108& (that's the link to your messages) and if indeed it doesn't exist, I'll suggest that it be added.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35327 is a reply to message #35325 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 14:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you so much for the help.

Yeah, I am finding the finding of all my posts to be a little weird.
I get an email prompt that says there is a response, so I click on this and it shows me the thread, then I want to respond to the thread and I have to login, then it puts me on my home page?

Then I have to pulldown to the url bookmark for all my posts and I have to find the post that I just saw twice already?

I am not great at these things sometimes and I definitely don't want to sound like I am cranky (because I am only rarely cranky) but I guess I want to make sure there isn't a better way to do this.

It think maybe I can minimize the clicks here if I am smart?

Probably when I get the mail I should just go straight to my browser and pull up the All My Posts and then find it that way?

Thanks,

Jon
Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35329 is a reply to message #35202 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 14:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I think there are 2 easier solutions. When you log in set it to stay logged in, so when you click the link you will already be logged in, or if you don't wish to remain logged in, log in then go to your email and click the link. You can also note the path of the post at the top of the page so you can find it easily after logging in. Like this one at the top says Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Any options for the Default Image.

You have been far from cranky in my experience, just searching for answers.

michael@shapeways.com
Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35335 is a reply to message #35329 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 15:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Perfect. Thank you very much. Great help.

Thanks!
Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35352 is a reply to message #35327 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 19:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Universal Joint wrote on Wed, 28 September 2011 14:03

I get an email prompt that says there is a response, so I click on this and it shows me the thread, then I want to respond to the thread and I have to login, then it puts me on my home page?
What about, after logging, using the back button/menu in your browser to go back to the post?
Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35354 is a reply to message #35352 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 19:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
+1 stannum, that's what I do too http://www.shapeways.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon14.gif

Re: Any options for the Default Image [message #35355 is a reply to message #35352 ] Wed, 28 September 2011 19:32 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
thanks. nice. glad i asked and thanks a ton for the help!

Previous Topic:Inventory as xls with file names and volumes
Next Topic:Editing Text Problem

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.