Home » Community » 3D modelers for hire » Professional Freelance Product Design Engineer and 3D modeller.
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Professional Freelance Product Design Engineer and 3D modeller. [message #34946] Fri, 23 September 2011 07:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar Donno  is currently offline Donno
Go to my shop
I am a qualified Industrial / Product Designer with over 20 years experience

I will be able to turn your ideas, not only into a 3D printed model, but if you require a production ready design. I have experience in Injection moulding, Die casting, Sheet metal, Machining, Tube Space frames etc etc. I can create 2D dimensioned drawings to back up the 3D CAD models.

My rate will vary according to your needs. Please allow me to give you a quote ..

I require a 50% deposit and balance after preview images but before releasing the 3D STL files on all my projects..

Donovan Penaluna

[Updated on: Tue, 09 September 2014 08:35 UTC]

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #49795 is a reply to message #34946 ] Thu, 14 June 2012 05:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
For more information, you can look at my website http://www.diyden.net/html/about_don.html
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #50256 is a reply to message #49795 ] Sat, 23 June 2012 04:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Phxman  is currently offline Phxman
Go to all my models
I would like to recommend Donovan . He provides excellent turnaround, and is patient to get it right through many edits.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 July 2012 01:14 UTC]

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #51953 is a reply to message #34946 ] Fri, 27 July 2012 00:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Sledder  is currently offline Sledder
Go to all my models
I wanted to give a recommendation for Donovan. I have used his services to create models of my products. Communication is easy and turn around times are very reasonable. He knows his stuff and on many occasions has offered improvements to my design concepts.

Two thumbs up!
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #52031 is a reply to message #34946 ] Sat, 28 July 2012 14:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar twozeroeight  is currently offline twozeroeight
Go to all my models
Hello!

Im looking to make a an over sized double action out the front blade, but modified to retract and extend via a string which is pulled by a ring (much like the one in the video game series "Assassins Creed". Ive tried making one by hand, but the dimensions are near impossible to get right. There is a youtube tutorial on the "modified" DAOTF mechanism I wish to recreate.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR COSTUME PURPOSES ONLY.

here is the link to the youtube tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd-n7_X4KKQ

and i wish the casing of the mechanism to look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDRR-b979QA&list=UUMxTBaY HMnjb2Li4cqUdSBg&index=9&feature=plcp

and if possible, i wish the blade to be a 2 stage extension, like so:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ammnra/6085068690/in/photostrea m

not sure how I would like dimensions...just 8.5 inches long is what is set in stone. I wish the demensions of the mechanism itself to mimic the second video.

Many Thanks,
-Richard
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #52212 is a reply to message #34946 ] Wed, 01 August 2012 18:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar deannarose  is currently offline deannarose
Go to all my models
Hi Donovan,

I am making stands/ legs for very shallow wooden bowls. I have attempted using sculpey and am not happy with the results.
First question is, what metals do you work with for casting?
As soon as I am at my normal computer I will upload some photos of the sculpey pieces I made for you to take a look it.

Talk soon!

Deanna Pellegrino
Deannarose@gmail.com
Ellenette handcrafted jewelry

Donno wrote on Fri, 23 September 2011 07:50

I am a qualified Industrial / Product Designer with over 20 years expeience

I will be able to turn your ideas, not only into a 3D printed model, but if you require a production ready design. I have experience in Injection moulding, Die casting, Sheet metal, Machining, Tube Space frames etc etc. I can create 2D dimensioned drawings to back up the 3D CAD models.

My rate will vary according to your needs. Allow me to give you a quote..

Donovan Penaluna

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #55500 is a reply to message #34946 ] Wed, 17 October 2012 15:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I have recently done CAD modelling work for 3D printing on OO Scale Locomotive models and rolling stock, Architectural models, Gas burner parts, Point of sale prototypes, Furniture conceptual models and Shark tagging transponders.... The applications are endless and very stimulating! Keep them coming....

Donovan
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #55636 is a reply to message #34946 ] Fri, 19 October 2012 05:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ekusa  is currently offline ekusa
Go to all my models
index.php?t=getfile&id=21891&private=0
Hi,
I was just wondering if you could give me a quote to turn this into an actual armlet.
the material would need to be metal, preferably steel, that wont rust. Accurate to that style and be able to fit my over hand and be wearable with a sleeve as well.
Basically what that artist had done, down to the details in the bolts.
It also have to fit the dimensions of my hand and arm.

thanks,

Matthew

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #55662 is a reply to message #34946 ] Fri, 19 October 2012 17:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SkyDiggerRC  is currently offline SkyDiggerRC
Go to my shop
pm sent
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #55671 is a reply to message #34946 ] Fri, 19 October 2012 19:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NewAmsterdamBicycles  is currently offline NewAmsterdamBicycles
Go to all my models
Good afternoon,

My name is Peter and I am looking for someone to help develop a product model for an item my team has been working on. I have specifics, but wanted to establish a dialogue. You can contact me at Peter@Newamsterdambicycles.com or via phone at 646-279-9910.

Peter
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #55943 is a reply to message #34946 ] Thu, 25 October 2012 19:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar peedeebee  is currently offline peedeebee
Go to all my models
No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 26 October 2012 14:30 UTC]

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #55946 is a reply to message #34946 ] Thu, 25 October 2012 22:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dlevine  is currently offline dlevine
Go to all my models
Hello - I was wondering first of all if you live in the United States and would be willing to sign a non disclosure, non compete. I would need to send you a product so that you can see the exact size and shape and then I would need you to modify the piece to be either airtight (design a removable threaded cap) or vacuum sealed air tight design. I would then like to create a mold and produce the mold overseas inexpensively. Then I would like to find a manufacturer as close to Phoenix, Arizona as possible in order to produce product in larger volumes (say 5000 units to start) and basically send the mold to this manufacturer so that they can produce the product. Let me know your thoughts on this - I figured that you could send me prototypes - my budget is not that big but all you are doing is modifying an existing shape/ design. Also, if you know a less expensive way to do this project and reduce the cost of production, I would be very interested in your proposal. I have attached a photo of the existing product. Thanks - Dave Levine 480-332-0844 dlevine@mbmediabrokers.com

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #55960 is a reply to message #55943 ] Fri, 26 October 2012 09:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
PM sent...
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #55974 is a reply to message #34946 ] Fri, 26 October 2012 14:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar alfplata  is currently offline alfplata
Go to all my models
Hi, I'm an amputee leg and ask for your help to solve a problem. One of the tragedies of un'amputato side and 'look, innocently curious, the people you meet in the visual field, particularly so in the summer and in some places where' necessary to remove the clothes. I personally do not go to the beach, by the pool, or in any place where it should find the leg for about three years. I am perfectly aware that the covers aesthetic elastic foam or worse silicone coatings, which should simulate the human skin, sore hidden and sometimes make it even more 'painful aspect of the prosthesis. It 'much more' healthy and pleasant highlight with a hint of "art" that can not be more 'be replicated. I apologize for this premise in the argument. I found in the network of sites where, by means of 3D printing, you create shells polymers while recreating the remapping body limb amputee, very important for the well-being of the person, do not have the hateful image of the usual standard covers.
Unfortunately, the producers do not market in Italy and the printing company in 3D prototypes that I found in Italy wants to send a STL file that are not able to produce.
There 'a designer 3D CAD CAM that can deliver the project? Can I send a technical drawing with measures to be applied to the "artsy" I'd settle for just a few bas-reliefs.
Thanks for your attention.
Alfio

http://www.bespokeinnovations.com/co...what-drives-us

http://www.bespokeinnovations.com/content/gallery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Waxy...eature=related

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #58083 is a reply to message #34946 ] Thu, 06 December 2012 04:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar VinFin  is currently offline VinFin
Go to all my models
Just wanted to give my thanks to Donovan for his amazing turnaround time, but quite honestly, for his getting the details right. I'm fairly new to designing, and the first designer I used was a not very good at following clear directions and in checking his own work to see if they met the specs. And he was impossible to get a hold of. A simple 1-2 day project turned into a 3 week game of cat and mouse.

My second designer, a moderator, was great, but admittedly, doing this for fun on the side, and I wanted to step it up a bit.

Donovan, my third designer, came through like a champ. Reasonably priced, and got almost everything right on the first try, just hours after I sent it to him.
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #58140 is a reply to message #34946 ] Fri, 07 December 2012 02:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar breerawl  is currently offline breerawl
Go to all my models
Hello,

I am inquiring about design of women's high heel shoes.

Please let me know if you are available.

Thank you,
Brittany
brittany@fashionboss.com
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #58151 is a reply to message #55974 ] Fri, 07 December 2012 09:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
@alfplata - please post this message in the '3d modeler needed' forum in its own thread:

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id =92&

I'm curious to hear how this project goes!

Thanks!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #58222 is a reply to message #34946 ] Sat, 08 December 2012 05:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar marymagpiedolls  is currently offline marymagpiedolls
Go to my shop
Hi Donovan!
My name is Joey Versaw,
I am a doll artist and have stepped into the land of 3d printing. I have a doll already done but I need another and wanted to go with a different artist for it. It is fairly simple in design and small. Would this be of any interest to you? Please let me know Smile
Thank you, Joey Versaw

• Attachment: SL385702.jpg
    (Size: 418.93KB, Downloaded 137 time(s))

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #58223 is a reply to message #34946 ] Sat, 08 December 2012 05:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar marymagpiedolls  is currently offline marymagpiedolls
Go to my shop
forgot to leave my email marymagpiedolls@yahoo.com
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #58280 is a reply to message #34946 ] Sun, 09 December 2012 12:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ritacarter  is currently offline ritacarter
Go to all my models
Donno,
I am looking to prototype a bicycle safety flag which needs these components:
a clip wich can connect securely to variable sizes of strut and also hold a flag with an 8mm diameter at an angle so it sticks out the back
also a connector so that the tube can be taken apart
and a second connector that can create a 90degree bend in the tube.
I am currently using available products (studding clips, extruded tubing, octopus grip rubber etc) but a tailor made product will obviously be necessary when I get into business.
Can you give me a ballpark figure for a design job like this?
I am a single person and this is a start-up with no external financial backing, so I cannot afford a great deal!
Thanks, Rita Carter
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #58302 is a reply to message #58280 ] Mon, 10 December 2012 07:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Rita

Yes I would like to try and help you...
Please send me some images of your product to donno@wol.co.za and I will put together a quote for you...

Regards
Don
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #58442 is a reply to message #34946 ] Wed, 12 December 2012 00:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SpokeWorks  is currently offline SpokeWorks
Go to all my models
Donovan,

I am looking for a low cost approach to having a model produced. I make bracelets out of bicycle spokes (www.spoke-bracelet.com) and I am looking to have a couple of beads made for my bracelets.

An example of the bead style can be seen here: http://www.beadwholesaler.com/tierracast-34peace34-message-b ead-rhodium-plated-p-24935.html

The bead I am looking to have a model produced for would read, "BEND" (without quotations) and the second bead would read, "I (heart) BEND" with a heart symbol.

I would want the bead to be a two sided oval, with the back of the bead having an outline of three mountains, image would be provided.

The horizontal hole through the bead would need to be 3mm. Total thickness of the bead would be about 5mm.

The bead size would measure approximatly 10x6mm (horizontal and verticle) for "BEND" and approximately 12x6mm for, "I (heart) BEND".

Would this be a project you would would be able to support and what would you estimate the cost for the models?

Thanks,
Cynthia

Donno wrote on Fri, 23 September 2011 07:50

I am a qualified Industrial / Product Designer with over 20 years expeience

My rate will vary according to your needs. Allow me to give you a quote..

Donovan Penaluna

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #58446 is a reply to message #34946 ] Wed, 12 December 2012 04:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar iprint21  is currently offline iprint21
Go to all my models
Hi Donovan.
This is David Paul from Australia. Iam very glad to meet you. I have gone through your website. Your product and industrial designs were very interesting. I would like to suggest you to my clients and I am also very enthusiastic about 3D Printing Technology.

Best Regards
David Paul
http://www.3dstuffmaker.com
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #58447 is a reply to message #58446 ] Wed, 12 December 2012 06:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
PM sent
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #60247 is a reply to message #58442 ] Tue, 15 January 2013 08:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I must highly recommend Donovan for his quality, speed, guidance, price, and availability. Aside from helping me through my first design project, he made some simple after-thought corrections at no cost, which were truly an oversight on my end. I hope to have the opportunity to use his services again in the future.

Best Regards,
Cynthia
Spoke Works, LLC
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #60531 is a reply to message #60247 ] Tue, 22 January 2013 19:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RockinH  is currently offline RockinH
Go to my shop
Don, I am so grateful I found you. Quick, professional, awesome. Highly recommended.

Eric
icon14.gif  Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #61007 is a reply to message #34946 ] Tue, 29 January 2013 02:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MinnieBlue  is currently offline MinnieBlue
Go to all my models
I just want to recommend Don's services. He works very quickly, is very knowledgeable, and was very patient when I needed a few revisions. He quickly designed my item from my amateur pencil drawing. I just found this site last week and my 3D design is already complete. It was very easy to upload the art files to Shapeways. Now I just will sit back and wait for my order to arrive. Again, I highly recommend Don and I will use his services again.
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #61129 is a reply to message #34946 ] Thu, 31 January 2013 19:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar themediamogul  is currently offline themediamogul
Go to all my models
I just had the best experience using Don for my modeling! He took my vision and made it real! He chimed in his thought along the way and really did a tremendous job working on this for me!

Every morning, since im in LA, I was thrilled to see an email with the latest model. His rates were great and I would highly recommend him to anyone! He will be my go to on future ideas!

Thanks again Don!
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #61145 is a reply to message #34946 ] Thu, 31 January 2013 22:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar daverob07  is currently offline daverob07
Go to all my models
Hi,

How do I get a quote from you for 3d modeling and possible prototypes?

I can be reached at dave@luckytailz.com or 917-682-2941

Thanks very much,

David Roberts

• Attachment: Head Rav.pdf
    (Size: 41.85KB, Downloaded 102 time(s))

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #61395 is a reply to message #34946 ] Tue, 05 February 2013 14:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Pete_R  is currently offline Pete_R
Go to all my models
Hi Donovan,

I would like to talk to you about a project, what is the best way to communicate?

I need a design for a smaller model of a tap handle, the larger version already exists.
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #61411 is a reply to message #61395 ] Tue, 05 February 2013 18:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Contact don@diyden.net.
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #62132 is a reply to message #34946 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 19:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar andradebh  is currently offline andradebh
Go to all my models
Hi Donovan,

Do you have any experience on the toy`s development?

[Updated on: Fri, 15 February 2013 19:16 UTC]

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #62136 is a reply to message #62132 ] Fri, 15 February 2013 19:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
PM sent
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #63284 is a reply to message #34946 ] Tue, 05 March 2013 20:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Rtd5943  is currently offline Rtd5943
Go to all my models
Hi Donovan,

I am interested in a quote to design a product/prototype for use in homes. What is the best way to correspond?

Ryan

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #63438 is a reply to message #34946 ] Thu, 07 March 2013 15:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar raskulrob  is currently offline raskulrob
Go to all my models
Donno,
I need an STL file for a design. The design is basically just a plastic stepping stone with a base of 12 inches X 12 inches; a lip from the base to the top of 2 inches tapering in to a top (the part to be stepped on) of 11 inches X 11 inches, the purpose of the taper being that they could stack one into another. I would like my logo to be part of the top platform. Also, it needs to be thick enough to support up to 300 lbs. Can you give me a quote?
Thanks,
Rob
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #65787 is a reply to message #34946 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 04:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar floblay  is currently offline floblay
Go to all my models
Hi Donovan,

My names Fiona i am a jewllery designer and am looking for a 3D modeler to help turn my sketches into 3d models ready to print.

If you are interested in doing some work for me let me know.

Kind Regards

Fiona Loblay
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #65789 is a reply to message #65787 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 05:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Fiona

Yes I am interested... but need to see a couple of sketches first to confirm if I am the ideal modeller for your designs..

please email me: don@diyden.net

Regards
Don
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #65897 is a reply to message #34946 ] Wed, 10 April 2013 13:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kotlus  is currently offline kotlus
Go to my shop
I have had an outstanding experience with Don. He is excellent when it comes to translating my drafts into computer renderings and was great to work with on detail refinement. I highly recommend him.
Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #66719 is a reply to message #65897 ] Tue, 23 April 2013 13:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Old_Git  is currently offline Old_Git
Go to all my models
Don was recommended to me by a friend and, over the last few weeks, I've used Don for several components of the same project and I must say that it's been a most enjoyable experience! This is my first time hiring a CAD specialist to help me get my designs protoyped on a 3D printer and from start to finish it was a most painless experience. I send the drawings and dimensions and Don's does his magic and sends me back stunning 3D renderings of the finished article. There has been the odd edit necessary here and there (mostly due to missed measurements on my part or a design change on my part) and Don has always been fantastic at incorporating these changes in good order and getting the amended files back to me very, very quickly indeed! Even when I've sent him some complicated and involved peices Don was able to decipher my ramblings and turn these into fantastic 3D files that exceeded my expectations! Fee's were extrememly reasonable too, in fact much more reasonable than I would have expected!

If you're sitting on the fence about hiring a CAD specialist then hesitate no more and drop Don a line, you will not be disappointed. I know for sure that I will be a repeat customer, and there is no better recommendation than a customer who keeps coming back! Thanks a lot Don, you've been fantastic buddy!!

Rgds

Pete

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2013 13:06 UTC]

Re: Freelance 3D modeler / Industrial Designer [message #67062 is a reply to message #34946 ] Mon, 29 April 2013 16:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
avatar sjbarton  is currently offline sjbarton
Go to all my models
Hi,

We are looking to turn a 2D image into a 3D file. Can you give me an estimate on time and cost to produce the attached image in 3D.

It would just be the statue minus the base with some form of bolt/screw to attach to a base.

Thanks.

• Attachment: trophy.png
    (Size: 216.34KB, Downloaded 91 time(s))

Pages (2): [1  2    »] 

Previous Topic:3D Artist for Hire 10+ yrs Experience
Next Topic:Looking for 3D designer join a new innovative product design

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.