Home » Support » Bug Reporting » new model page
Search Search  
 () 3 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: new model page [message #34398 is a reply to message #34393 ] Fri, 16 September 2011 21:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Where on earth did the URL go to for private (not for sale but available)?

Sorry... put it back to what is was please
Re: new model page [message #34399 is a reply to message #34398 ] Fri, 16 September 2011 21:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
oh and now things are working for me, I agree with the comments before...

why crop the images???

deleted Confused

Re: new model page [message #34400 is a reply to message #34326 ] Fri, 16 September 2011 22:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
@lensman: oops, sorry missed that, were trying to determine if it was a specific browser. But seems it was a cache issue.
So it does respond properly now that the cache was flushed?

Regardig the html: They have switched from wysiwyg/rich text to html source display/edit for the edit box.

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: new model page [message #34401 is a reply to message #34400 ] Fri, 16 September 2011 22:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Yeah, I didn't try any more edits since the first one took I assume any more would. Any particular reason why the change from WYSIWYG?

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
icon13.gif  Re: new model page [message #34405 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 00:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
I'd like to echo those asking that their photos and product descriptions NOT be cropped.

Why should a potential buyer have to click yet another link, just to finish reading the product description?!

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2011 00:20 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34423 is a reply to message #34405 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 07:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
op updated.

I still have no 3d view button on any model pages I visit, including newly uploaded models.

The 'Fatal Error - No theme Found' crops up maybe 3 times out of 10.

How can I delete a model???

Re: new model page [message #34432 is a reply to message #34423 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 09:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Some elements have a height of "20 pxi" ... Confused

Is "pxi" a valid unit or a typing error ?
Re: new model page [message #34433 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 09:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Fri, 16 September 2011 06:35

(...)
10) Shortened Shapeways URL missing
(...)

Seems like one have to click the "permalink" button first.
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a button...

index.php?t=getfile&id=11014&private=0

• Attachment: L.jpg
    (Size: 25.99KB, Downloaded 441 time(s))

Re: new model page [message #34434 is a reply to message #34433 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 10:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Cheers, looks like it take a little time for the link to be made after a model is uploaded.
Re: new model page [message #34439 is a reply to message #34434 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 10:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AotrsCommander  is currently offline AotrsCommander
Go to my shop
I will add to the growing chorous that the new changes are almost all bad ones. Not only will it actually take longer to update all my models with keywords (having to type in three keywords literally triples the amount of time I have to spend for absolutely no gain to me, when before I could just cut and paste), extra clicking to do anything useful (edit should be the default, and I don't want to have to click through upmteen toggles to edit everything, either). The new interface is ugly, cluttered and I totally agree with everyone that the description should absolutely NOT be hidden away, as it's important.) The product description should not be given second place in terms of space to your materials choice.

On top of everything else, I notice my avatar in the comments box is incorrectly sized; given that it's the right size in section above, that is just sloppy.

I am not best pleased with this change, I am afraid, not at all. (Especially coming on top of my last five orders being late, despite being in SWF which is not, supposedly, delayed.)
Re: new model page [message #34440 is a reply to message #34439 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 11:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Whilst messing about with keywords, I found that multiple keyword can be used in one entry box, they need to be seperated by a comma followed by a space. Seperating words with just a space will give a keyword phrase.

Re: new model page [message #34441 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 11:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I seem to be missing my analytics tracking code on model pages.

Re: new model page [message #34442 is a reply to message #34441 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 11:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
op updated and some points expanded.
Re: new model page [message #34443 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 11:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AotrsCommander  is currently offline AotrsCommander
Go to my shop
I also notice there does not appear to be a button that lets you add or remove all materials, which means I have to go through and manually deselect all of the materials down to the four or so my models are cleared to run on. Again, more time wasted that I didn't need to do priorly. And if there is such an option, it isn't at all obvious, which is just as bad. (As with the keywords, if you can cut and paste, to get multiple words, they should be something so that it is obvious, otherwise how on earth will anybody - especially some one new know about it? )

And the more I look at it, the more I loathe the description box xhanges; being in a grotty, easily missable grey text, the "more" button is not especially visible (if you were going for a youtube-style - though why the heck you should even consider wanting to do, because this is commericial webshop, not a social networking/video site, and shuld be taking it's cue accordingly - you failed even to make it to youtube's dubious standards.) Editing it is now much harder, since the editing box doesn't seem to expand, so if you have more than about five lines, you can't see it all at once. You also appear to have removed the formatting options as well. The description should not have less prominance than the comments box, as in a lot of cases, it's very important.

I also second the motion the model title should be at the top, not underneath the picture.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2011 11:36 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34444 is a reply to message #34442 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 12:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 11:20

op updated and some points expanded.

Could you add "Try to validate the CSS stylesheet.", please ?

There are lots of invalid properties and values.

Examples:

ul#categoryList li ul.current li a:hover,
ul#categoryList li ul.current li:hover,
ul#categoryList li ul.current li ul.current li a:hover {
background:#f5f6fb;
background-image:none;
}

"background-mage" won't work.

ul#categoryList li ul.current li ul li {
background:#F5F6FB;
border-bottom:5px solid transparant;
}

afaik it's called "transparEnt".

div.buyableprivateaddtocart {
position:absolute;
top:21px;
background:url(/img/sprite-03.png) no-repeat 0 -577px;
width:20px;
height:20pxi
}

I guess that should be "px".

Re: new model page [message #34445 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 12:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Regarding private models:

It seems to work same as before (more or less)
By setting a model to "offer for sale.."
But not "display to.."

Then switch back to non-edit mode will reload the page to the secret url.

For all those tired of having to click the "edit" button, I made myself a simple html page with all my model urls and now modified the urls to:

/model/edit/<id>

That way at least on an editing day I can more quickly modify things.

@stop4stuff: thanks for compiling the issues! Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2011 12:25 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34446 is a reply to message #34337 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 12:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
equilux wrote on Fri, 16 September 2011 08:52

Hello!

Where has the 'Back to my designs' link gone?

Can I really see how much other people's 'not for sale' models would cost to buy?

That's all.

There is a workaround to remove all pricing, but leave a model available... deselect all materials for the model in the Product Inventory Management (via My Shop in My Shapeways)

op updated with more, including CSS errors

Re: new model page [message #34447 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 12:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Automaster  is currently offline Automaster
Go to my shop
Well I wasted an insane amount of time last night trying to delete some models. What the heck? This should have been announced on the sign in page! An email sent or something. Please tell me that you have some people working on the weekend to fix the issues that are present. Going out on a limb, I'm going to say that most of us designers also have jobs during the week and set aside time on the weekend to get a lot of design/uploading stuff done. This is poor customer service to change so many things with no apparent explanation other than a post on the message board and no clear forecast for when it will all be resolved. And a Friday of all times??? Sheesh.
Re: new model page [message #34448 is a reply to message #34447 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 13:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey All,

I am just chiming in to say there are staff watching this forum thread, and we are taking note of your input. The development team is focused on dealing with any fixes needed so please do keep using this ONE thread to post your findings, that way it will be much more manageable to keep track.

I/we appreciate your input, be it functional, aesthetic, bug, etc. So please keep them coming. The update was trialed in our test environment but please be patient as we correct the additional issues you find.

Thanks again for your input, keep it coming..

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: new model page [message #34449 is a reply to message #34448 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 13:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Duann,

I think it a reasonable request to revert model pages back to the last iteration until all of the issues are ironed out and put to community testing before public release. (yesterday if possible Wink)

Cheers,
Paul
Re: new model page [message #34451 is a reply to message #34449 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 13:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Paul,

Let's see if the time machine is 3D printed yet? I ordered it tomorrow.

Re: new model page [message #34452 is a reply to message #34451 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 13:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Automaster  is currently offline Automaster
Go to my shop
Thanks for the update, it is appreciated! Smile
Re: new model page [message #34453 is a reply to message #34451 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 14:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
duann wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 13:52

Hey Paul,

Let's see if the time machine is 3D printed yet? I ordered it tomorrow.

Here's part of one Wink

http://www.stop4stuff.com/shapeways/images/police-box.jpg
Re: new model page [message #34455 is a reply to message #34453 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 14:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TreadshotA1  is currently offline TreadshotA1
Go to my shop
Another problem: the Update File button doesn't work (so you can't update your models anymore).

*Firefox, Windows 7
Re: new model page [message #34456 is a reply to message #34448 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 14:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
duann wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 13:07

Hey All,
The update was trialed in our test environment but please be patient as we correct the additional issues you find.

I have herd this crock from shapeways emploies many times. Throughing the code up on a server and testing to see there are no compile errors is not testing. You need to make beta.shapeways.com purge all caches after upload and tell us to help with the testing. You NEED to do this for several reasons:

1) Your emploies have no sense of reallity and think that form is more important the function
2) Your emploies are incompitant and can't run simple testing procedures like using fire box to find javascript and css errors.
3) There are lots of us and we can tell you what works, what doesn't, help find bugs, and even give ideas how to fix.

Putting changes up like this without testing(what you do is not actually testing) first effects everyone. You waist our time since we can't get things done efficiently. And you effect our customers because they can't necisarily find things or they don't see the description. This means reduced sales which means less money for everyone.

Write up a real testing procedure. Don't relie on your employes to remember every step. And here are a few things to put in it:

1) Upload to internal test server
2) Clear all caches
3) Check with firebug and other testing sweets for any errors
4) Check visual appreance and functionality of sight in landscape and portraight
4.1) Firefox
4.2) Internet Explorer
4.3) Crome
4.4) Safari
4.5) Opera
4.6) Blackberry
4.7) Ipad
5) Fix all problems and go back to 1 if there were any
6) Upload to beta.shapeways.com and email all shop owners of new beta
7) Clear all caches
Cool Fix all bugs found by us and go back to 6 if there were any
9) Upload to main site.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: new model page [message #34458 is a reply to message #34449 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 14:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 13:11

Duann,

I think it a reasonable request to revert model pages back to the last iteration until all of the issues are ironed out and put to community testing before public release. (yesterday if possible Wink)

I'll second that. We need that functional page design back until this new one at least works right, let alone looks right.
Re: new model page [message #34459 is a reply to message #34448 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 14:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
duann wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 13:07

Hey All,

I am just chiming in to say there are staff watching this forum thread, and we are taking note of your input. The development team is focused on dealing with any fixes needed so please do keep using this ONE thread to post your findings, that way it will be much more manageable to keep track.

Glad to hear that. Smile

Critical CSS errors (so far):

line 58 : invalid property "background-mage"

line 60 : invalid value "transparant"

line 346 : missing dimensions
.tab-button{background:#198DE9;height:20px;font-weight:normal;border-top:1px solid black;border-left:1px solid black;border-right:1px solid black;cursor:hand;padding-top:2px;padding:2px}

line 347 : missing dimensions (for padding, two times)

line 467 : invalid dimension ("20pxi")

line 477 : invalid dimension ("20pxi")

line 1108 : invalid color value
.infobox_separator2{height:2px;color:#00000}

line 1127 : invalid dimension ("padding-left:0x;")

Unnecessary CSS errors:

line 929 : typing error or deleted selector ?
.black,{color:#000}

line 1282 : missing source ?
.pluslink{height:14px;padding-left:14px;background-image:}

Re: new model page [message #34461 is a reply to message #34331 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 15:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
virtox wrote on Fri, 16 September 2011 07:20

(...)
- Can't see how many people favorited a model.
(...)

I guess that's the "Shapies who http://www.shapeways.com/img/productdetail/fave_icon_added.gif this" box in the right column.

Check your "Silver braille ring" page. Wink

Re: new model page [message #34462 is a reply to message #34461 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 15:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=11026&private=0

love the mutilated logos. 3 logos on the page only 1 right. and why do you kill the scroll bar so I can't see the right side of the page. made some notes on the scrfeen shot.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: new model page [message #34463 is a reply to message #34462 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 15:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Woah Mctrivia,

Email sent...

Re: new model page [message #34464 is a reply to message #34458 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 15:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
aegidian wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 14:49

stop4stuff wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 13:11

Duann,

I'll second that. We need that functional page design back until this new one at least works right, let alone looks right.

Better yet. Let's have the old page back AS the 'edit' page.

Personally, I don't want to add any new models for sale until at least the ability to edit the description in full and upload new models are fixed. Those are showstoppers.
Re: new model page [message #34465 is a reply to message #34464 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 15:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'm going to prioritise the list on the first page.

Currently the list ends at 30

If anyone has any issues that I've not covered, add a number and the issue.

Also please can everyone look at the list and note any numbered item with a rating using the plus symbol (+) more +'s the bigger the priority.

I'll then update the op list for SW to get an idea of what needs fixing in what order.

Cheers,
Paul
Re: new model page [message #34466 is a reply to message #34465 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 15:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Thanks Paul

Re: new model page [message #34467 is a reply to message #34462 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 15:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
mctrivia wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 15:06

(...)
and why do you kill the scroll bar so I can't see the right side of the page.
(...)

This is declared in the shapeways_unified.css stylesheet (so I think it has nothing to do with the new model page).

Since you're using Firefox, you could grab the "Stylish" AddOn.
Create a new style, and use...

Quote:

@-moz-document url ("www.shapeways.com");
body {
overflow-x: auto !important;
}

Helping yourself is better than just being pissed off, right ? ^^
Re: new model page [message #34468 is a reply to message #34465 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 15:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
the points on my last post not on the list.

Re: new model page [message #34469 is a reply to message #34466 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 15:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I've done what I think are the priorities...

But the biggest priority should be put it back to what it was whilst this gets fixed, however, I understand that that will not happen and that nothing will start being fixed before monday which is a bit daft really.

Re: new model page [message #34470 is a reply to message #34469 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 15:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TreadshotA1  is currently offline TreadshotA1
Go to my shop
I'm posting again because i just noticed it's been crossed off the list in the first post, but it's actually not fixed at all.

The Update Model button no longer leads to a blank page, what it does is absolutely nothing. The tab has teh little "loading" icon, but it leads nowhere, and the page happens like you didn't do anything.

I mouse overed on the button, and just like the "login with Facebook" button (which also hasn't been working for me since the new model page started...argh), it shows up "Javascript:void". I'm assuming that means in the coding, there must a "run Javascript: Action x" except then either the code for Action x is broken or it's been put under a different name, and so the code comes up as void.

Then again, i have very little knowledge with coding, all i know is it doesn't do a thing. Neither does the Login with Facebook button, and they both show the same Javascript:void thing when the mouse is over them.

Also, supporting the motion that we need to old pages back, until this one is fixed to at least workable standards (aesthetically, it'd take eternity to make it right). Right now...argh, i hate it so much...
Re: new model page [message #34471 is a reply to message #34470 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 16:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
'Update Model' link brings up a pane;

http://www.stop4stuff.com/shapeways/images/upload-model.jpg

the javascript-void link is pretty much standard these days to launch a hidden <div>

BUT - the update process is borked... same model, same units = not printable???

Re: new model page [message #34472 is a reply to message #34470 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 16:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Treadshot A1 wrote on Sat, 17 September 2011 15:46

I'm posting again because i just noticed it's been crossed off the list in the first post, but it's actually not fixed at all.

The Update Model button no longer leads to a blank page, what it does is absolutely nothing. The tab has teh little "loading" icon, but it leads nowhere, and the page happens like you didn't do anything.

Do you allow the scripts from jquerytools.org ?
Browser-AddOns like "NoScript" might block them.
icon13.gif  Re: new model page [message #34476 is a reply to message #34326 ] Sat, 17 September 2011 16:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
avatar jedinewby  is currently offline jedinewby
Go to all my models
thanks for making it harder to get to the next picture since there is no link to go to the guys main page, the next or previous image. 3d imaging no longer works, and how will we ever know what materials won't work since you appear to have removed the list of materials the maker will allow for the ship?

Pages (8): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »] 

Previous Topic:How to add my own price
Next Topic:huh... connect to www.nyc.shapeways.net

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.