Home » Support » Bug Reporting » new model page
Search Search  
 () 3 Vote(s)
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: new model page [message #34639 is a reply to message #34625 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 07:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dexter  is currently offline Dexter
Go to my shop
Hi Ana,

Quote:

This release was scheduled for Wednesday, which then got pushed to Thursday. The process took our dev team until late into the night

I think having your developers working overtime before a production release deadline is a bad idea. Also I wonder what happened between the moment that the developers finished their work and the actual release? Did your software testers have their say? Did you have an acceptance test?

Mark
Re: new model page [message #34643 is a reply to message #34628 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 09:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
fakebusker83 wrote on Tue, 20 September 2011 04:32

...The image upload function is pretty bad. There is no feedback to let me know if the image is loading or if it is going to be uploaded successfully. A page refresh doesn't work all the time in showing the newly uploaded image...

Noted, see 40)

...The order the materials are arranged in on the right column feels random. It frustrates me to keep scrolling up and down to find all the coloured Strong Flexibles, for example. If the materials can be grouped to their families (much like how the old layout does) and separated by dividers, it will be much easier to work with...

Noted, see 27)

...However, I'd like to say that I really like how I can easily edit the markup fees on the main page without needing to go to product inventory. Kudos to that....

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon14.gif to that Smile

I also like how images can be viewed full-screen. We just need to be able to upload large enough images to make this feature worth it.

Full screen images are still vertically cropped to fit the width of the screen, e.g. Baritone Horn

op updated to relect fixes so far

Re: new model page [message #34646 is a reply to message #34643 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 10:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Downloading models currently works ok. If a download doesn't work first time, try again.

Re: new model page [message #34657 is a reply to message #34326 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 12:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
NEW BUG:

I managed to edit the description for this model once, but I further edits aren't being saved when I press the OK button.

Safari 5.1, Mac OS X 10.7.1

http://www.shapeways.com/model/313233/
Re: new model page [message #34660 is a reply to message #34326 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 12:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The editing of descriptions is still buggy (only first parts shows up in edit, second part is still saved with it when first part is changed), but there is a crude work-around:

Go to edit mode, click the edit description:
clear the description/hit space
then enter (to save it)
Reload the edit page.
Description should now be blank and you can re-enter and save it.

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: new model page [message #34669 is a reply to message #34326 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 13:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Delete model link not visible for everyone:
http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=3466 8&#msg_34668

No delete buttons in list mode caused some confusion, nevermind.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2011 14:40 UTC]

icon13.gif  Re: new model page [message #34674 is a reply to message #34660 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 14:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
virtox wrote on Tue, 20 September 2011 12:24

The editing of descriptions is still buggy (only first parts shows up in edit, second part is still saved with it when first part is changed), but there is a crude work-around:

Go to edit mode, click the edit description:
clear the description/hit space
then enter (to save it)
Reload the edit page.
Description should now be blank and you can re-enter and save it.

It's VERY buggy. The workaround works, but only about one time in five - I have to keep repeating it until it saves.

This is not usable. Mad
Re: new model page [message #34694 is a reply to message #34674 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 15:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mctrivia  is currently offline mctrivia
Go to my shop
Been doing some digging into the new pages source codes because I was curious.

Seriously guys. Stop using AJAX so much. There is absolutely no reason to use an ajax call when I change the wanted price to compute the markup price. Javascript is perfectly capable of doing the necisary math. Using AJAX so iresponsably results in:

1) Slow update of markup field making people think things are not working write. In my testing average response time was 17 seconds where javascript could do almost instantly.
2) Increased bandwith. Just to change the price we had to communicate 181 bytes of data back and forth which had no valuable meaning. This data still needs to be sent when I hit save so is just waisted bandwidth. May seem small but how many other places are you waisting that across how many other people?
3) Increase server load. Your servers are over taxed. For practically everything I do your server has to load up hundreads of objects parse my request and return the answer. Multiply this by all the other users on shapeways and no wounder your servers are running so slow. Just removing the overuse of Ajax could drastically reduce server load.

Conclusion this abuse of AJAX is costing you money in bandwidth, processing power and/or hydro depending on your server location and internet contracts. It is waisting our time since it takes longer to do things, and it makes the site slower which discourages customers costing us all money.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: new model page [message #34699 is a reply to message #34326 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 16:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jlevine  is currently offline jlevine
Go to my shop
I work here
Hello all,

I'd like to acknowledge all the bugs and process mistakes you guys have pointed out in this thread (and in past threads). It's important for us to recognize our deficiencies in order to address them and get better and you've been invaluable in helping us understand the level of service we are expected to deliver.

I'd like to address two main points:

Frequency of releases:
We are a small team. We have 7 developers that work on all aspects of Shapeways. This means 7 people to handle all issues on the website (which we are focused on in this thread) and all of the tools and systems that are in place to make the uploading, commenting, purchasing, printing, and shipping happen. If you are an engineer, or if you are a leader of engineers, you can understand the volume of work that falls onto each of those seven pairs of shoulders and you can understand how hard we are working to get you the features and functionality that you want and deserve.

Regardless of our current team size, we have moved to a weekly release schedule. That means that we will be making a meaningful feature release to our website every two weeks, and a bug fix release every week.

We also have "Emergency Releases" baked into our process so that we can rush out fixes for issues that are crippling to your experience. You can expect that if something is totally broken (e.g. you cannot sell your wares, the pages don't load, etc) we will work through the night and weekend to release a fix immediately. That said, you may start to question our prioritization of what's "totally broken". We could use your help in assessing the impact of these issues.

Quality of releases
As we increase velocity we run the risk of having a dip in quality. It's important to note that your feedback is invaluable in achieving a high-quality standard. I ask that you give our team time and a few iterations to improve before giving up on us or publicly criticizing our efforts. Constructive feedback is always welcome.

Here's what we're doing to address release quality:

Quality Assurance
- We are now manually testing each feature we develop against a specification. This is time consuming but necessary while we build our body of automated tests
- We are building a body of automated functional tests. This will help us identify and fix any negative side effects that new features have on existing functionality.
- We are modifying our deployment stream to include a "staging" environment. This will let us test our new code against live data.

Product Definition
- We are improving our feature specifications to include objectives, actors, use cases, page flows, wireframes, visual comps and interaction design notes.
- Product and Tech teams are collaborating on feature development to ensure feasibility, as well as a high-quality and comprehensive user experience
- Quality Assurance team are involved in writing the test cases for each feature spec
- Product team is working to balance the needs of Community and Shapeways business

You can expect us to improve week on week heading into the holiday shopping season. I know that we cannot turn all of this on in one day, but we are moving very quickly. I'm confident that we'll be able to show meaningful progress over the next several weeks and months.

Thank You,

Josh Levine

VP of Engineering | Shapeways
Re: new model page [message #34702 is a reply to message #34699 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 17:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fakebusker83  is currently offline fakebusker83
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Amidst all the criticisms and complaints, I must say you guys have taken it very graciously and I give you props for that. Some of us on the forums have been pretty harsh indeed.

I know better than to underestimate the amount of work that goes into maintaining and improving a site like Shapeways, especially with such a small team as this. I'd like to thank you guys for going beyond the call of duty to serve the community.

That being said, I wish you guys smooth workflow and I can't wait for the fixes to be implemented. Holla if you need more feedback.
Re: new model page [message #34704 is a reply to message #34699 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 17:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
glad to here that. Hope you put quality before trying to get things out weekly.

Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/
Re: new model page [message #34706 is a reply to message #34699 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 18:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
jlevine wrote on Tue, 20 September 2011 16:58

- We are modifying our deployment stream to include a "staging" environment. This will let us test our new code against live data.

Yes, well, I think THAT was the biggest problem here... Anyway, as said above, not an easy job for a small team but at least you are recognising the errors...

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: new model page [message #34708 is a reply to message #34699 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 18:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thanks Josh, very insightful!

Re: new model page [message #34722 is a reply to message #34326 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 19:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GWMT  is currently offline GWMT
Go to my shop
Is the actual name of file that was uploaded for printing listed anywhere on the page? If not it needs to be listed on the edit page so I can see if the most up-to-date version of the file has been added for printing.

Re: new model page [message #34723 is a reply to message #34646 ] Tue, 20 September 2011 20:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Downloading models does NOT work for me. I've tried a million times. I even opened up Internet Explorer which has absolutely no cache of shapeways on it and the download is still not working.

These are image popper results created at shapeways. They worked perfectly until the new layout premiered.

HELP!!! Support can you provide some insight? I get an invalid .stl file read in netfabb or any other software.

Any ideas??????
Re: new model page [message #34762 is a reply to message #34723 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 06:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Nothing new, just a picture to illustrate two of the problems with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9:
index.php?t=getfile&id=11080&private=0

- No picture for the model
- the marerial list goes out of the boundaries of its window (the vertical slider of the window can move but has no effect).

• Attachment: W7IE9.jpg
    (Size: 203.99KB, Downloaded 539 time(s))

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: new model page [message #34763 is a reply to message #34762 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 06:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Another vote to fix the photo cropping. If you're not treating this internally as a bug, you need to -- it's not ok at all.

Going forward, I need you to stick to one photo size forever. I cannot go back into all my models and re-render or re-Photoshop them every time you change this. Again, not ok.

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com
Re: new model page [message #34779 is a reply to message #34326 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 11:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
@Magic - Could the image problem be with IE9 ? I'm still using IE8 (with Win7) and it seems okay. I'm now not going to d/l IE9 until this is fixed!

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: new model page [message #34780 is a reply to message #34779 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 12:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
I will test at home again tonight.

Somebody in office pointed out that this could be due the the "compatibilty display" button of IE.
All what I can say is that I can see the model page working properly with Windows7 or Windows XP with IE8, and I've seen those page broken at home with Windows 7 and IE9: but this could be due to the compatibility display being set on for Shapeways at home (because when I set it on in IE8, I obtain the same issues: no image and material list overflow).

Once again I will test that tonight and let you know.

Re: new model page [message #34789 is a reply to message #34780 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 13:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar D_man  is currently offline D_man
Go to my shop
For those looking for a way to remove some models, i don't know wether it's been said before here or not, but :
Removing your models can be done from teh page that shows all your designs. (clicking on "My Design")
You have a little dustbin under each design thumbnail.
But it can only be done one by one, which can end up pretty long and boring !
Re: new model page [message #34805 is a reply to message #34789 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 16:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Technoboots  is currently offline Technoboots
Go to my shop
I think the main issue for me is the lack of 3D view in Internet Explorer as others have said. I use that to ensure that a model has uploaded properly and a single render doesn't do this.
Re: new model page [message #34806 is a reply to message #34805 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 16:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
use netfabb. though 3d model works for me. Firefox Windows 7

Re: new model page [message #34812 is a reply to message #34326 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 18:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
OK, indeed own shop sections are missing, you can classify in SW sections ("product categories") and nothing more.

Plus where did volume info go? Own items had cm3 usage (and area?) so you could check if hollowing was working or not, for example. With new prices less than 10 days away, it's important; for example to send customers a detailed notice about price changes.
Re: new model page [message #34813 is a reply to message #34812 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 18:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
volume is shown in edit mode by description. stupid place but it is stil there

Re: new model page [message #34823 is a reply to message #34813 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 19:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
OK, thanks... mouse makers must have invested in SW, the switches are getting some serious work. ^_^

Area is not shown or maybe it went to a different place than volume? Ceramic is not for sale, yeah...

"Allow download" toggle is near the description (edit page), but "public" and "for sale" are hidden under a "more" in the side bar. The logic for placing things is misterious, indeed.
Re: new model page [message #34824 is a reply to message #34823 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 19:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
i use a tablet so the crazy moving around not so bad. The fact I can't see the right side bar is a bit of a pain when in the normal format though but that is not a new problem.

Re: new model page [message #34832 is a reply to message #34780 ] Wed, 21 September 2011 20:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Magic wrote on Wed, 21 September 2011 12:12

I will test at home again tonight.
Somebody in office pointed out that this could be due the the "compatibilty display" button of IE.

That was that. The 2 issues - no image and material list overflow - are solved for me.

Re: new model page [message #34870 is a reply to message #34326 ] Thu, 22 September 2011 12:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AotrsCommander  is currently offline AotrsCommander
Go to my shop
Guys, you REALLY need to fix this joke of an page update fast, especially in light of this price hike around the corner. For a kick off, when I inevitably have to modify the prices of all my models, not being able to do so from one page as before will drastically increase the amount of time I need - and the load on your servers - when everyone else and their uncle is having to do the same. (And I know that far more people than me are going to have vastly bigger and longer job, which it makes it WORSE.) Sure, using that page was a bit of a pain for doing one model, but when you have do to ten or twenty (or a hundred, as I'm sure other people will have to be doing) it is far better than having to do every single model individually for every material.

And it its absolutely VITAL you get shop sections back up.

Putting this out, not properly tested, before the biggest overhaul you've ever done on pricing is frankly completely irresponcible of you and appallingly bad customer service. I am frankly disappointed to the point of near disgust at the lack of forethought and concern for the your (until now) loyal and dedicated customers. That you only have a small team doing to job only gets you some leeway, but does not excuse you from this large a [insert expletive of choice]-up.

I have noted a massive drop in the overall quality of service from Shapeways in the last couple of months - I'm starting to regret spending the last THREE MONTHS working my arse off doing models to show off the technology and Shapeways at a big convention (particularly as the very day of the convention is the day the new prices come into play, so I can't even give all the interest people an estimate into the cost the first day.) Pull your fingers out, guys!

I know I am being rather snippy, but frankly, Shapeways has exhausted my (large) quota of politeness for the immediate future, at least until you guys do something I can consider positive.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2011 12:06 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34882 is a reply to message #34326 ] Thu, 22 September 2011 14:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mo-design  is currently offline mo-design
Go to my shop
Hello,

downloaded stl files are still corrupted. And why i have to make my model downloadable for all, to be able to download it. There should be, at my own designs, a download link visible all the time.

At least it doesn't really matter how long the development lasts, as long as the quality is right. I think you had some trading shows in mind, when you set the release date. But as you see that is not a good idea.
Please remove the beta stick from the main page and give the community access to a second beta.shapeways.com. You see the community is willing to test the page, but we need a fall back, so that the workflow for the designers and shop owners is not broken. And the most important think, it is necessary that a customer is not confronted with beta buggy sites. And the shop owners can update their shops all the time. Keep in mind that they also have deathlines so it can be really horrible if their shop cannot be maintained for a weekend or more days.

Michael
Re: new model page [message #34883 is a reply to message #34870 ] Thu, 22 September 2011 14:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Aotrs Commander wrote on Thu, 22 September 2011 12:05

For a kick off, when I inevitably have to modify the prices of all my models, not being able to do so from one page as before will drastically increase the amount of time I need - and the load on your servers - when everyone else and their uncle is having to do the same.

Is there a reason why you don't use the Product Inventory Management page for this ?

http://www.shapeways.com/myshop/markup

Re: new model page [message #34885 is a reply to message #34883 ] Thu, 22 September 2011 14:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AotrsCommander  is currently offline AotrsCommander
Go to my shop
pfeiffer stylez wrote on Thu, 22 September 2011 14:34

For a kick off, when I inevitably have to modify the prices of all my models, not being able to do so from one page as before will drastically increase the amount of time I need - and the load on your servers - when everyone else and their uncle is having to do the same.

Is there a reason why you don't use the Product Inventory Management page for this ?

That was what I was referring to. It isn't obvious how (or even if) you can access that page from the new product descripton page, and I wasn't aware there was another way to access it (since I always called from the button on the old model page).

(And if it is there, and I've missed it, it probably means it's not well signposted enough.)

Good to know there's at least a workaround.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2011 14:55 UTC]

Re: new model page [message #34886 is a reply to message #34883 ] Thu, 22 September 2011 14:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
pfeiffer stylez wrote on Thu, 22 September 2011 14:34

That works well for a few items, but several people have hundreds of items. So there is an item in the works for being able to mass edit all markups before Oct. 1

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6470&a mp;a mp;start=0&

Aotrs, this method has been around for a little bit, but I do agree that some features are hard to find if you don't know they are their. As always, shapeways appreciates feedback on any item that will make things easier for everyone.

You can go here http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6254&a mp;start=0& and add your suggestion to the list.

And as always, if you have a problem, my email is below, you can PM me. I can't do anything but I can direct your concerns to someone who can.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2011 15:01 UTC]

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: new model page [message #34887 is a reply to message #34885 ] Thu, 22 September 2011 15:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
Aotrs Commander wrote on Thu, 22 September 2011 14:54

That was what I was referring to. It isn't obvious how (or even if) you can access that page from the new product descripton page, and I wasn't aware there was another way to access it (since I always called from the button on the old model page).

index.php?t=getfile&id=11098&private=0

There was a button to the "PIM" page on the old model page ?
I never noticed that one ... Embarassed Laughing

• Attachment: L.jpg
    (Size: 126.83KB, Downloaded 331 time(s))

Re: new model page [message #34888 is a reply to message #34870 ] Thu, 22 September 2011 15:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nancyliang  is currently offline nancyliang
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey all, for the new price model we are rolling out a tool that allows you to bulk edit prices--something like a CSV export/import method. This gives you the flexibility to use your favorite spreadsheet program to tweak all your prices, set percentages, round up to the nearest $0.99, etc.

It WILL go live BEFORE the price change, and we are planning to release a version with new prices calculated (or a version that gives you volume so you can calculate the new pricing), and a version with the current pricing.

See thread here: http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6470&a mp;start=0& -- please add your comments to that thread?

Thanks!
Nancy

Product Manager
Twitter: @nliang
Re: new model page [message #34934 is a reply to message #34326 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 04:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cadalu  is currently offline cadalu
Go to all my models
Download files are still corrupt for me, and I see another user experiencing the same problem. I sent an email to support but have not heard back yet.

My models are listed as private and not for sale but downloadable. Could that be what's generating the bug?

Windows Vista with Firefox/Chrome/Internet Explorer, Safari, & Netfabb, Blender, Meshlabb and every combination of the above that's possible.

Can anyone help???

Re: new model page [message #34939 is a reply to message #34934 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 06:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I was going to do some testing with model downloads this morning, but it looks like in making the edit page default, the ability to view the public page has now gone as the page reloads to the edit page.

I've also updated my op with a few issues as fixed, and reverted back some unfixed issues back to need fixing.

Re: new model page [message #34947 is a reply to message #34934 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 08:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
cadalu wrote on Fri, 23 September 2011 04:17

Download files are still corrupt for me, and I see another user experiencing the same problem. I sent an email to support but have not heard back yet.

My models are listed as private and not for sale but downloadable. Could that be what's generating the bug?

Windows Vista with Firefox/Chrome/Internet Explorer, Safari, & Netfabb, Blender, Meshlabb and every combination of the above that's possible.

Can anyone help???

cadalu, can you try downloading the model here; http://www.shapeways.com/model/335454/e6c0bb47c47238bf52fa06 a95f884215/100mm_cube.html?gid=ug its a 100mm cube - the file will be 100mm cube.stl.zip and when unpacked the model filename is original-335454_v4.stl

Re: new model page [message #34954 is a reply to message #34947 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 10:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Page view counts look to be gone...
Add your voice to Page View Count - Poll

Paul
Re: new model page [message #34955 is a reply to message #34947 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 10:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
stop4stuff wrote on Fri, 23 September 2011 08:08

cadalu, can you try downloading the model here; http://www.shapeways.com/model/335454/e6c0bb47c47238bf52fa06 a95f884215/100mm_cube.html?gid=ug its a 100mm cube - the file will be 100mm cube.stl.zip and when unpacked the model filename is original-335454_v4.stl

Using the Mac archiver this failed to unzip, but using Unix unzip at the command line worked but gave this:-

york:Downloads old Bill$ unzip '/Volumes/Persimmon/Bill/Downloads/100mm cube.stl.zip'

Archive: /Volumes/Persimmon/Bill/Downloads/100mm cube.stl.zip

warning [/Volumes/Persimmon/Bill/Downloads/100mm cube.stl.zip]: 1 extra byte at beginning or within zipfile

(attempting to process anyway)

inflating: original-335454_v4.stl

HTH

[Updated on: Fri, 23 September 2011 10:27 UTC]

Bill Bedford
Re: new model page [message #34959 is a reply to message #34326 ] Fri, 23 September 2011 11:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks for putting the shop sections back.

NOW STOP ARBITRARILY TRUNCATING THE DESCRIPTION ON MY MODELS' PAGES!

It sucks. Just stop it.

Pages (8): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8    »] 

Previous Topic:How to add my own price
Next Topic:huh... connect to www.nyc.shapeways.net

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.