Home » Community » Introductions » Hello
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello [message #34191] Tue, 13 September 2011 02:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar Johntleman  is currently offline Johntleman
Go to my shop
Hello everybody,
I'm John and beginner with 3D printing. I did some 3D on 3DS max long time ago but now i'm on mac OSX and using Blender. I would like to know if someone can take time to help me about one thing : I want to define the size of my object but not "pixel" but in "cm" I really can't find it. Crying or Very Sad
Looking forward to read you,
Thanks
John

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2011 02:53 UTC]

Re: Hello [message #34212 is a reply to message #34191 ] Tue, 13 September 2011 14:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome John, I'm no blender expert, but I believe if you draw your item, export to STL and upload as cm will do the trick. As far as I know there isn't a way to set units in blender.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Hello [message #34213 is a reply to message #34212 ] Tue, 13 September 2011 16:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey John,

Youknowwho4eva is right - Blender doesn't use units. You decide for yourself how large you want 1 Blender to be. I recommend using 1 Blender unit = 1 mm (you can select this during upload of STL files, other file formats require 1 unit = 1 meter).

Have fun!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Hello [message #34232 is a reply to message #34213 ] Tue, 13 September 2011 23:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Johntleman  is currently offline Johntleman
Go to my shop
thank you guys for your fast replies and your help !
John

Previous Topic:Hello and some advice needed
Next Topic:Greetings

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.