Home » Support » 3D Applications » netfabb tutorial is out of date
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
netfabb tutorial is out of date [message #33846] Tue, 06 September 2011 14:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar fdecomite  is currently offline fdecomite
Go to my shop
As I just said in the title, netfabb tutorial is no more accurate. I could not find for example :
- how to select an object
- where I can ask the program to invert the normals
Any hints ?
(I would like not to spend too much time into the software documentation)
Cheers
Re: netfabb tutorial is out of date [message #33862 is a reply to message #33846 ] Tue, 06 September 2011 16:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
If you are using NetFabb for 3D printing, you should only have one object per file even though the object may be made up of many shells. You can select this object by clicking on it in the main screen, or by clicking on the 'part' in the context area. Actually I could be wrong about his... it looks like parts can be imported... but I've no clue as to merging multiple parts into one file.

To get all your normals right side out, you need to go into the repair mode (after selecting the part) by clicking on the red cross at the top of the screen. You can either use the Automatic repair function or use the 'Fix flipped triangles' followed by 'Execute' from the Repair Scripts list.

Alternatively you could use this link Wink

Paul

Previous Topic:Sketchup Model rotated in preview
Next Topic:Hunt for SolidWorks Tutorials