Shoe burger!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by tristan_bethe, Sep 2, 2011.

1. tristan_bethe
    tristan_bethe Member
    For a competition at work (indg.com) I created a unusual custom sneaker.

Bit of an unusual project but I created a shoe hamburger with a 3d scan, shapeways print and a bucket of food save silicon :p

Shoe and making of

[​IMG]

If I do not win this contest I will eat my shoe, gladly :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  2. Hey tristan_bethe,
    This is so great. Your making of pics have made me very hungry! Love the execution of this project, lots of fun!
    Let us know if you win.

Leigh

3. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    Fantastic!

More people will see what you did if you embed the image in your post and people don't have to click on it to see it.

Lincoln

4. tristan_bethe
    tristan_bethe Member
    @novaking good one, done!

@Museum of Small Things Well I did not win the competition had some great submissions as well. But still had great fun making this and had some good laughs when I explained what I used to make this high tech recipe :)

5. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    To me, this is one of the coolest things I have seen someone use 3-D printing for.

I have wanted to make some chocolates from my designs, but have yet to get a print with a good enough surface for doing it.

I had never even thought about bread.

Did you do a lot of finishing work on your printed piece before making the mold, or did you figure that bread wouldn't show too much detail anyway?

Lincoln

6. duann
    duann Member
    Ok, That is really cool.

Nice work,

Did you make one without the silicon? How did it taste?

7. tristan_bethe
    tristan_bethe Member
    I bought some food safe silicone p(Smooth-Sil® 940 (Food Grade Applications)
    http://www.smooth-on.com/Smooth-Sil=-Plat/c1131/index.html

The chocolate version tasted great! The bread version less so... I had to thin the bread dough to get a better 'resolution' in the bun but it took nearly 3 hours in the oven before the outside looked somewhat tasty. The inside was still doughy :laughing:

8. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Great work as all ways, thanks for sharing.
    V

9. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Now that's a good looking "foot" long :laughing:

10. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Lol :laughing: brilliant project!

Must have been a lot of fun! :)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  11. 45235_deleted
    45235_deleted Member
    this is too awesome, good work!