Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » General Discussion » Size does matter !!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  Size does matter !! [message #33369] Fri, 26 August 2011 13:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar akirsch  is currently offline akirsch
Go to all my models
Hello every1 out there!
First of all, I want to thank you for reading this post.

It hasn't been long since I've been registered in this website and I find this service to be great!

As for myself, I am an architect, and I like to do 3d models (for work, or just for fun).

I tried to upload a model called circles1.obj and it had some errors in it. I did it with Google Sketchup. So I went back to the model, resize it, and uploaded it. It worked...but the model was so big that the prize was very high!! Of course, no one would see it, or even buy it. So I tried to work on my model again by reducing it's size with about 50%... problem is, it still has errors on it. I will try to delete the one that I had and upload this new one, but anyways, if someone can help me understand why this happens I would gladly appreciate it.

Thanks again, and best of all to everybody.
Happy Modeling !!

- -
a.k.
Re: Size does matter !! [message #33376 is a reply to message #33369 ] Fri, 26 August 2011 15:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
Take a look at this wiki post. Step 1 tells you how to get rid of the errors. The rest may or may not be applicable in your case.

Netfabb is also good for sizing your model.
Re: Size does matter !! [message #33386 is a reply to message #33376 ] Fri, 26 August 2011 16:43 UTC Go to previous message
avatar akirsch  is currently offline akirsch
Go to all my models
Thanks! I will sure check it.

I already download NetFabb by the way, but haven't use it yet. I will try to bring my real model there, and resize it.

Thanks again, and happy modeling !!

- -
a.k.

Previous Topic:Food safe materials?
Next Topic:Community request top x

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.