Home »  » Shapeways Shops » $25 minimum with/without markups?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
$25 minimum with/without markups? [message #2737] Wed, 28 January 2009 23:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop

Here's something that has crossed my mind a few times, but until now have forgotten to ask about here.

What if I have an item that costs $5 to print, and I place a $20 markup on it, bring the total buyer cost to $25? Will the buyer not have to buy anything else in order to have it shipped?

If this is true, it would present a problem with Shapeways cost/shipping set up wouldn't it?

-Whystler...

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: $25 minimum with/without markups? [message #2799 is a reply to message #2737 ] Tue, 03 February 2009 12:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar arno  is currently offline arno
Go to all my models
Good point Wink

Must admit, you have the situation correct, which is indeed not ideal for us. So, my guess is we will have to change that in the future ... (Also depends on how many $5 models there is $20 markup and how often they are sold Wink )

For clarification: with giftwrapping we take this in account: a customer has to order $25 on models as a minimum order size (so without wrapping).

Kind regards, Arno
Re: $25 minimum with/without markups? [message #2803 is a reply to message #2799 ] Tue, 03 February 2009 15:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop

I have a suggestion about this, that might help.

What if each piece had a "shipping" points value? Then buyers would aim to reach a certain number of points before they could get shipping for free. If they didn't want to buy anymore and still have the item shipped, perhaps you could implement a shipping fee that made it possible.

For example...

A buyer wants to buy a "doodad" product which costs $15 ($10 base price + $5 markup). It is given 10 shipping points. The same buyer adds the "thingamajig" product, which costs $10 ($7 base price + $3 markup). This product has 7 shipping points. The buyer has spent $25, but only has 17 shipping points. At this point the buyer can buy more products to bring up their shipping points, or pay an extra $8 for shipping.

As a result, Shapeways still gets an order that is worth shipping.

I'm sure it can be refined, but that's the basic idea.

-Whystler

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: $25 minimum with/without markups? [message #2814 is a reply to message #2737 ] Tue, 03 February 2009 19:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar chris89  is currently offline chris89
Go to my shop
sounds like a good idea.
though if people can find out the markup that way, it could hurt sales for some models with more artistic value.
I guess it's a compromise, though not a bad one.

Previous Topic:Option of sorting models in gallery by price?
Next Topic:How do I know that I´ve sold a print?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.