Home » Community » Introductions » Hello from Rochester!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello from Rochester! [message #33035] Sun, 21 August 2011 22:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar Barke02  is currently offline Barke02
Go to all my models
Hello all, newbie here!

I'm just a beginner, starting out with Solidworks.

I'm a hobby sculptor in the traditional sense, using two part epoxy putty (Magisculpt) to create historical miniature figures from photographs.

Here's a couple of my head sculpts in 1/16th scale...

Shapeways, Solidworks and 3D printing is going be a fabulous new tool! I can now tackle photgraphs that involve objects than would have been particularly difficult for me to scratchbuild.

First project is going to be a 1/16th scale Cromwell tank. Just learning the ropes, so don't expect anything as clever as you guys!

Hope to watch and learn, you are all such talented people!

Cheers,
Jon.

Re: Hello from Rochester! [message #33168 is a reply to message #33035 ] Tue, 23 August 2011 18:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey Barke02, welcome! How'd you find your way here?

Besides all the awesome, helpful people we have hanging around our forums, don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions. Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Hello from Rochester! [message #33173 is a reply to message #33168 ] Tue, 23 August 2011 19:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Barke02  is currently offline Barke02
Go to all my models
Hi Ana,

I've been looking for a user friendly 3D printers for a while, somewhere I woulden't be laughed at if I made silly mistakes, or would be stung with high costs.

I can't wait to get started!

Cheers,
Jon.

Previous Topic:Mechanical designer new to Shapeways!
Next Topic:Howdy everyone!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.