Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Feature Request: Full Model Name in Excel File
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Feature Request: Full Model Name in Excel File [message #32984] Fri, 19 August 2011 22:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar afrodri  is currently offline afrodri
Go to my shop
I've noticed that in the sales report Excel file, model names get truncated. For example: "Xiamen Container Ship 1:6000 x4" is reported as "Xiamen Container Ship 1:6". Having the full name would make it much easier for me to write scripts to parse and understand which models are selling.

This is also something of a problem when the model is listed in the store itself, but I'll live with that.

Re: Feature Request: Full Model Name in Excel File [message #32996 is a reply to message #32984 ] Sat, 20 August 2011 11:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Actually, It happens that I change the name of a model. So in my case, having the model number (the one that is in the URL) would be even more useful.
Would that number solve also your issue?

Example, for this model:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/314844/xiamen_container_ship_ 1_6000_x4.html
that can be accessed also through this URL (that does not change if you rename your model)
http://www.shapeways.com/model/314844/
the model number would be 314844.

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Feature Request: Full Model Name in Excel File [message #33003 is a reply to message #32996 ] Sat, 20 August 2011 16:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
The full model name would be very useful, even just a model name on sold model email notifications would be cool. A model reference number would make life not so easy unless the notification included a link to the model.

Paul
Re: Feature Request: Full Model Name in Excel File [message #33005 is a reply to message #33003 ] Sat, 20 August 2011 18:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
+100 for model numbers

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Feature Request: Full Model Name in Excel File [message #33006 is a reply to message #33005 ] Sat, 20 August 2011 19:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar afrodri  is currently offline afrodri
Go to my shop
Honestly, I'm fine with anything uniquely identifiable. Names would be nice, since they are a bit more human-readable.

Why not include both (full names and model ID)? Bits are cheap...
Re: Feature Request: Full Model Name in Excel File [message #33008 is a reply to message #32984 ] Sat, 20 August 2011 19:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
For me: names change, number don't Wink

So +1 for the model numbers!

And +1 for the longer model name cause that was afrodri his request Wink

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Feature Request: Full Model Name in Excel File [message #33009 is a reply to message #33008 ] Sat, 20 August 2011 20:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar aegidian  is currently offline aegidian
Go to my shop
Yes, model number as well as name please.

Previous Topic:Not informed about problems when printing
Next Topic:So how's your sales doing?