Home » Support » 3D Design » Ring help
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Ring help [message #32878] Wed, 17 August 2011 22:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar rubyscooby  is currently offline rubyscooby
Go to my shop
I want to create a ring in stainless steel. Any tips or hints? I think I read somewhere the shrinkage is .05 on ss. How thick and how wide does it need to be? Is there a simple base mesh ring base out there to use.
Re: Ring help [message #32885 is a reply to message #32878 ] Thu, 18 August 2011 05:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
There's the, Stainless Steel material info page, and then there's the SS design rules with some SS advanced rules (just in case you don't like sticking to the main rules Wink)

I'm pretty sure shrinkage during the print process is taken into account so the end product is the size you specify.

For your base ring structure, you could start with Thingiverse for an open source model.

Paul

Re: Ring help [message #33315 is a reply to message #32885 ] Thu, 25 August 2011 18:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rubyscooby  is currently offline rubyscooby
Go to my shop
Thanks
Re: Ring help [message #33319 is a reply to message #32878 ] Thu, 25 August 2011 18:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I designed my stainless rings to size and didn't have any problem with them fitting. I've moved on to silver for my designs now.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:I made a 3d design in c4d but can't upload it
Next Topic:Scaling Design with AccuTrans

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.