Home » Support » 3D Design » blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle [message #32619] Sat, 13 August 2011 13:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar janis  is currently offline janis
Go to all my models
hi

i'm working with blender..

i have a torus object..
the inner circel should be 7 units wide..

if you do that you get a wall about 2units wide.

how do i strink the torus wall from 2 to 0,7 unit with out changing the inner circle that has 7 units wide..

with scale i scale the hole object. if i select the faces i still scale the hole object..

gr.
Re: blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle [message #32633 is a reply to message #32619 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 18:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
If you press "Alt+S" in edit mode it blows up and shrinks the mesh.
if you use that and regulars scaling you´ll brobably get satisfying results. (remember to recalculate normals before alt scaling)

You can also edit the torus parameters when creating the torus in the toolbar on the left.
Re: blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle [message #32634 is a reply to message #32633 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 19:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
HI

yes that was i looking for. thx for that

what do you mean with this?
"remember to recalculate normals before alt scaling"

gr.
Re: blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle [message #32635 is a reply to message #32619 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 19:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Eeppium  is currently offline Eeppium
Go to my shop
sometimes the normals are not correctly oriented when a mesh is automatically generated, using "alt+s" then makes the mesh scale in an explosive manner all over the place, since it is uses the face normals as a scale direction. =)

ctrl+n recalcs the normals

[Updated on: Sat, 13 August 2011 19:14 UTC]

Re: blender, scale , torus , change the wall not the inner circle [message #32636 is a reply to message #32635 ] Sat, 13 August 2011 19:18 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
hi

a oke..

well i traid wit cntrl+n scaling and with out scaling..
it does do something diffrent.. but i don't what it does.. i see it happing but still Razz

gr.

Previous Topic:Extra and Missing Parts?
Next Topic:Creating balljoints in SketchUp