Home »  » Shapeways Shops » View count and Categories problems
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
View count and Categories problems [message #32208] Sat, 06 August 2011 23:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar StuffBySteve  is currently offline StuffBySteve
Go to my shop
Two problems:

1) The view counts on my models aren't changing, but my google analytics page is saying that I'm getting views.

2) When I try to put my models in a certain category ("Select Categories" button), and I try to save it, I get an error message saying that changes cannot be saved.

What is causing this?

Thanks!
Steve
Re: View count and Categories problems [message #32332 is a reply to message #32208 ] Tue, 09 August 2011 12:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar richgain  is currently offline richgain
Go to my shop
I am also having problem 1.

I recently made my International Puzzle Party competition entry, Superstrings, viewable by everyone and publicised its presence through Facebook and Twitter. This would normally result in at least 50 page views within the first 24 hours.
Superstrings view counter is stuck on 8 and, at a critical time for a new product release, I have no idea of how many people are viewing it.

I hope this is receiving urgent attention.

richgain

"a wise man's tools are analogies and puzzles"
Röyksopp - Remind Me
Re: View count and Categories problems [message #32339 is a reply to message #32332 ] Tue, 09 August 2011 15:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
richgain wrote on Tue, 09 August 2011 12:33

I hope this is receiving urgent attention.

Don't expect much. Shop-related issues tend to hang around forever and a day.

Re: View count and Categories problems [message #32343 is a reply to message #32208 ] Tue, 09 August 2011 15:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I wouldn't say forever and a day. 12 days since that post. Which had Maker Faire Detroit and now Siggraph in Vancover in those 12 days. Along with other events that have knocked things out of whack in NY. But I'll poke and see if I can't get an estimated fix.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: View count and Categories problems [message #32347 is a reply to message #32208 ] Tue, 09 August 2011 15:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Talked to Barry, it's on the list to be fixed. Should be addressed by early next week. From there it will depend on the complexity of the issue for completion.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2011 15:51 UTC]

michael@shapeways.com
Re: View count and Categories problems [message #32354 is a reply to message #32347 ] Tue, 09 August 2011 16:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Tue, 09 August 2011 15:50

Talked to Barry, it's on the list to be fixed. Should be addressed by early next week. From there it will depend on the complexity of the issue for completion.

Thanks!
Re: View count and Categories problems [message #32410 is a reply to message #32208 ] Wed, 10 August 2011 16:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Barry informed me today, that it is working properly now, that it ended up being a simple work around fix.

michael@shapeways.com
Re: View count and Categories problems [message #32413 is a reply to message #32410 ] Wed, 10 August 2011 16:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
My views count seems to be moving now, and I could categorize one of my models, but the ring is still getting an error.

It saves when I select a category, but when I press 'save changes' at the bottom of the sidebar, I get the error.
This is the model

It's definitely not in the category- I checked every page!
Re: View count and Categories problems [message #32416 is a reply to message #32208 ] Wed, 10 August 2011 17:13 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I work here
I had no problems when setting my ring to jewelry just now, and saving. I guess I skipped over that part in your original message Razz. Email support@shapeways.com about the issue and they should be able to fix you up.

michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:in case nobody noticed
Next Topic:I can't apply categories to my model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.