View count and Categories problems

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by StuffBySteve, Aug 6, 2011.

1. StuffBySteve
    StuffBySteve Member
    Two problems:

1) The view counts on my models aren't changing, but my google analytics page is saying that I'm getting views.

2) When I try to put my models in a certain category ("Select Categories" button), and I try to save it, I get an error message saying that changes cannot be saved.

What is causing this?

Thanks!
    Steve

2. richgain
    richgain Member
    I am also having problem 1.

I recently made my International Puzzle Party competition entry, Superstrings, viewable by everyone and publicised its presence through Facebook and Twitter. This would normally result in at least 50 page views within the first 24 hours.
    Superstrings view counter is stuck on 8 and, at a critical time for a new product release, I have no idea of how many people are viewing it.

I hope this is receiving urgent attention.

richgain

3. 35824_deleted
    35824_deleted Member
    Don't expect much. Shop-related issues tend to hang around forever and a day.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I wouldn't say forever and a day. 12 days since that post. Which had Maker Faire Detroit and now Siggraph in Vancover in those 12 days. Along with other events that have knocked things out of whack in NY. But I'll poke and see if I can't get an estimated fix.

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Talked to Barry, it's on the list to be fixed. Should be addressed by early next week. From there it will depend on the complexity of the issue for completion.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  6. StuffBySteve
    StuffBySteve Member
    Thanks!

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Barry informed me today, that it is working properly now, that it ended up being a simple work around fix.

8. StuffBySteve
    StuffBySteve Member
    My views count seems to be moving now, and I could categorize one of my models, but the ring is still getting an error.

It saves when I select a category, but when I press 'save changes' at the bottom of the sidebar, I get the error.
    This is the model

It's definitely not in the category- I checked every page!

9. Youknowwho4eva
    I had no problems when setting my ring to jewelry just now, and saving. I guess I skipped over that part in your original message :p. Email support@shapeways.com about the issue and they should be able to fix you up.