No Confirmation email and no order in 'my orders'

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 81286_deleted, Aug 5, 2011.

1. 81286_deleted
    81286_deleted Member
    Hi

I placed an order yesterday (my first) and received a confirmation of payment to shapeways from Paypal.....but I didn't get any confirmation from shapeways and 'my orders' is blank.

I've sent an email to shapeways and a couple of messages to customer services through the contact form with no apparent effect.

So can someone please tell me if there is a problem with my order.....please?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. 81286_deleted
    81286_deleted Member
    Well, maybe I'll get some sort of answer tomorrow, although looking through the forum it appears that customer service doesn't work weekends.....not that I'd probably be able to tell the difference so far. :rolleyes:

3. 81286_deleted
    81286_deleted Member
    Well 24 hours later and no reply from contact forms, emails or a forum topic.

4. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Hi,

Indeed CS is mostly "offline" during weekends.
    Did you sent the email to "service@shapeways.com"?
    (with as much details as possible, amount/time etc)

It does sound like something very weird went wrong,
    does your paypal transaction show any order or invoice nr?
    It might help track down the problem.

And did you order from a shop or your own model?

Cheers,

Stijn

5. 81286_deleted
    81286_deleted Member
    I've emailed service@shapeways.com a few times, with all the details I have (paypal invoice), as well as using the contact form to try to get any response.

The order process seemed to go okay, Paypal definitely made the payment, shapeways thanked me for my order and then......nothing no confirmation email and no order visible in 'my orders'.

I ordered from a shop, which would have been the first of several planned orders. Now I'm definitely having to reconsider my plans......so far my first experience of ordering from shapeways has not been particularly impressive.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  6. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    I understand your frustration and this is not how it normally goes.
    Usually things are a lot more efficient.

One detailed email to CS should normally get you a detailed response within about 24 hours.
    But I think production peaks, vacation and events might have created a slight backlog in communications.
    Rest assured, Shapeways does not take unsatisfied customers lightly!

And I know it's a lame suggestion, so sorry to suggest it, but could you please check your spam/junk mailboxes?

It has been known to happen (a lot) that CS does reply but ends up there..

Cheers,

Stijn

7. 81286_deleted
    81286_deleted Member
    No, i've been checking in the spam box as well......hopefully i'll get a reply on monday, if not i'll just have to contact Paypal about recovering the funds, which will be a shame for shapeways and myself.

8. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Earlofthenorth,

I'm really sorry we didn't answer your question on friday.
    As Stijn already says, we are running late because of some Customer Service Agents being on holiday and because of some events.

These things gave us a small backlog in our email responds.
    Normally we send you as soon as possible an email back, but with the previous said things and the weekend, we aren't able to help you out as quickly as normal.

I''m not in the office at the moment, and do not have the equipment here to check what has been going on with your order.
    But I assure you, we will reply to you on monday!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mitchell Jetten
    Customer Service Agent

9. 81286_deleted
    81286_deleted Member
    Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you (or anybody else :D ) on monday.

10. 81286_deleted
    81286_deleted Member
    Yeah! Order confirmation and details in my order.....big thanks to Customer Services for sorting this out. :D

I'll place my second order in a few days.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  11. 81286_deleted
    81286_deleted Member
    Second order went though without any problems.

12. 81286_deleted
    81286_deleted Member
    Order one and two arrived today. :D

A couple of the models from order one had problems (one broken and one slighty warped), but I knew when ordering that they were slightly risky in this scale (1:7000) and the vast majority came out perfect.......I've simply used those two as spare parts for conversions so no problem there.

I like to thank Customer Services again for sorting out my problems with my first order and also thanks to Shapeway for the care they take in packaging their orders (which puts many other companies to shame).

Also UPS performed perfectly, a great improvement from dealing daily with Royal Mail's inability to deliver my families parcels.

All in all I'm very happy and I'm only sad I have to wait until next month to order again.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  13. The same thing is happening to me, I ordered a king ring and a gladios ring and only got confirmed on the king ring, aRe you producing the gladios ring or did I just not get a conformation on it?

14. Hi i placed a order about a Month ago and I still haven't gotten a confermation email about a gladios ring any help would be great

15. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Have you contacted service@shapeways.com about this?