Hot Summer Sale

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Magic, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    So, I have decided to clean up my inventory (well actually my shop).
    I want to remove all the designs that have never sold a single copy.
    But before doing that (and because I am not a bad boy) I decided to give a last chance to those unsuccessful designs.
    All those models will be available for the entire month of August with a really small markup: $1!
    Any model that will be ordered will be save from the cancellation, for the others... well, I will decide later...

So: tadaaaam!
    /openfile/60709/photos/photo47061.jpg
    Let's have a quick tour of our candidates.

The Stitch Bracelet
    /openfile/197311/photos/photo33656.jpg
    Several variations:
    - Stitch Bracelet Size S (2mm)
    - Stitch Bracelet Size M (2mm)
    - Stitch Bracelet Size L (2mm)
    - Prototype 1.0mm (size L)
    - Prototype 1.5mm (size L)
    I offered it to the hand you can see in the picture and show it to several other girls and everybody agree that this design is really nice.
    And it is reversible! Don't miss the video.
    This design deserves to be saved!
    Also in the stitch family:
    - the Scoubidou (the one at the origin of all the others)
    - the Stitch Fabric (an intermediary state between the scoubidou and the bracelet, also very nice)
    - the Square Fabric (a floppy variation of the previous one).

The HexBox
    /openfile/168578/photos/photo27025.jpg
    This one is fantastic: you think it it easy to open? It is not. Just try it. If you want your friends to look ridiculous because they cannot open a box for which they can clearly see the two parts it is composed of, this is an object for you.
    - half HexBox (with pegs)
    - half HexBox (without pegs)
    A puzzle that is simple but efficient. And useful: it's a box! Watch the video.
    This design deserves to be saved!

The DodBox
    /openfile/91477/photos/photo13413.jpg
    An Box with the shape of a Dodecahedron. Never seen before? Probably. It can be closed thanks to the flexibility of the plastic. and it is stackable. What could you ask more? A video?
    - Half DodBox
    I tell you something: this design deserves to be saved!

The Frankenstein Ring
    /openfile/57670/photos/photo31988.jpg
    Have you already seen something so cool? A thumb ring that gives the illusion that a bold is going through your finger... and the bolt can move a little bit!
    Of course you cannot print it anymore in metal (there are moving parts). But even in plastic, the effect is awesome (see the video)!
    You know what? This design deserves to be saved!

Two original D6
    /openfile/249529/photos/photo40614.jpg
    This one is the shell of the (yet to become) famous Geared D6. A beauty by itself.
    /openfile/231635/photos/photo40607.jpg
    This one, inspired by ancient Roman dice, was originally designed for silver. But it works well also in Frosted Detail.
    - Geared D6 Shell
    - Silver D6
    Aren't they some dice collectors out there?
    No doubt: these designs deserve to be saved.

More to come...
    ;)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. duann
    duann Member
    Bargain!

3. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
  4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Tweeted :)

Hope your sale goes well!

5. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Thanks Paul. I really appreciate.
    :)

6. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    @Magic i put my shop offline you should see a boost in sales !! :p

7. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Thanks for you support Dizingof. I hope you did no that only for me... ;)

But I am afraid this will take time to have any effect: for instance, as far as the dice category is concerned, if you order the items by popularity (for the month) there are 82 out of the 100 first dice that are from you and my first die is only 125th... :rolleyes:
    It seems you did a good job in promoting your shop, and the effects of those efforts cannot disappear in one day. :)

Looking forward to see you back to business soon,

Magic.

8. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    I doubt it will be soon - my account at shapeways has so many "sales bugs" that i'm simply sick of it (and if you recall that's not the first time...)

I dont promote my shop, the popularity algorithm isn't rocket science..

It takes only few hits arriving from Google or Facebook to your model's page to boost it to the top of the gallery.. plus if its a co-creator.. and also by how many surfers added it to their bookmarks.

In short , even if you see my models or any other design "staring" at the gallery by popularity that doesn't mean there are any sales behind it (in my case zero sales - i talked about it on other threads)

Actually.. if there are sales ... i sure dont know about them.. :laughing:

9. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Hurry up! This is the last week for the summer sales.

I will take advantage of the new pricing model (and the already famous markup calculation tool) to remove all the models that have not sold yet. :)