Home » Support » 3D Applications » Scale using SketchUp
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Scale using SketchUp [message #31966] Tue, 02 August 2011 15:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar Bunrattypark  is currently offline Bunrattypark
Go to my shop
Hi, I've uploaded many models to Shapeways created using Google SketchUp, and they worked fine.

Now I have started a new one, and have wasted an entire day trying to get the scale to upload correctly, and it refuses.

The object is a test item, size 12.5mm x 3mm x 3mm. I have selected mm as the unit in SketchUp, and mm on the Shapeways Upload page. The file is rejected as too large, giving a size of 12500000mm x 300000mm x 300000mm! That is over twelve KILOMETRES long!!!

I have tried everything I can to rescale it, and keep getting the same error email. What is going wrong? Can anyone help, please? The file is an X3D, for a colour print, where all previous uploads were STLs.
Re: Scale using SketchUp [message #32752 is a reply to message #31966 ] Mon, 15 August 2011 18:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar DOC2  is currently offline DOC2
Go to all my models
Hi:

I can't help ypou but I am having exactly the same problem. Also too often components are shifted from their place when uploading.
Would be good to get some input here.

Thank you.

Daniel

Previous Topic:Tool for boolean union? rejected for being too high-poly
Next Topic:Luxology Modo..File not accepted..wall thickness