Home » Support » 3D Design » Error messages uploading a model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Error messages uploading a model [message #31587] Tue, 26 July 2011 19:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar Camazine  is currently offline Camazine
Go to my shop
I have a number of objects that I have created in Carrara. When I try to export them as Collada files or .obj files and upload them to Shapeways, I get error messages such as "Invalid input file format" or "The design could not be validated."

How can I load an object into Carrara and then export it in a format that Shapeways can use?

thanks
Re: Error messages uploading a model [message #31591 is a reply to message #31587 ] Tue, 26 July 2011 20:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Try the free software meshlab, it's a handy util that can load and save various file formats.

I use it to convert/check files if I use more exotic file formats.

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Error messages uploading a model [message #31598 is a reply to message #31591 ] Tue, 26 July 2011 20:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Camazine  is currently offline Camazine
Go to my shop
When I try loading .obj or .dae files into MeshLab, I am getting an error message that says "No Vertex Field Found".

What does that mean?
Re: Error messages uploading a model [message #31606 is a reply to message #31598 ] Tue, 26 July 2011 21:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Sorry, I have no idea..

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -

Previous Topic:Newbie help
Next Topic:The esiest way to shell your models?