My design cost (not for sale)

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by 95097_deleted, Jul 23, 2011.

1. 95097_deleted
    95097_deleted Member
    Title says most of it.

The "my designs" page should show the cost even when the item is not listed for sale. I understand its saving some space by only having it say "not for sale" but it would be nice to see how much all the different items I have uploaded are from one screen.

Just a thought.

BTW This is very cool.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi yaplej,

Welcome to Shapeways!

If you have a shop setup, you can head toShop Inventory to see all your models and retail price for all the different materials all on one page. Otherwise it is a case of going to each model page and selecting the material you want the price for.

To me it makes sense to not show a price on 'not for sale' items, as it makes it easier to see at a glance which items are available to the public and which are not.

Cheers,
    Paul

3. 95097_deleted
    95097_deleted Member
    I agree it makes sense to show (not for sale) or some form of that but I have uploaded several different versions of a design with varing dimensions, internal structure, hollow to see how the cost varies between designs. These are not for sale but having to go into each variation to see the price is excessive clicking/waiting IMO.

Thats why I thought it would be nice for it to display as "$1.48 (not for sale)". Its still quite clear that the item isnt for sale but shows the designer how much it costs without having to click through all their designs. If that would take to much screen space then possibly putting the price in parentasis would be another option to indicate "not for sale" like ($1.48) or some variation of that.

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Fair play, but unless you go to the model page to set/limit the material(s) you want the models to be available (or not) in, you won't know what that $(not for sale) price represents, so you may as well go to the model page anyway... and once there you will see the prices for x,y & z material.

You could just click the link in the model printable confirmation email if saving clicks is your main concern ;)