Hello

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 92934_deleted, Jul 20, 2011.

1. 92934_deleted
    92934_deleted Member
    Hi! I just discovered SW recently. I've been designing games for many years now (but haven't really tried selling any yet). I have several abstract game designs that I'd like to make custom parts for. I'd particularly like to use the flexibility of WSF for some snapping/unsnapping parts, if it turns out to be feasible. The only 3D program I've used is POVRay, but I'm starting to learn Blender. I have made a preliminary estimate that my first design may cost around $60-$70 for the whole game, but I'll have to see as things progress. I'll post my preliminary models when I get them together.
    Nice to be here!
    Larry

2. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hi Larry, welcome!

So the orders you placed were in WSF, right? I'm looking forward to seeing your photos when you receive the models in the mail. :)

3. 92934_deleted
    92934_deleted Member
    Hi Ana,

I just have the design on paper and in my head right now. I still have to create the models (no brain to print interface yet? :laughing: ), and then I'll order the WSF.

Cheers,
    Larry

4. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    All in good time :D

5. BAROBA
    BAROBA Member
    You can ask a pro like me for a qoute via PM.
    Saves you a lot of tuime and trouble and gets your product to market or your livingroom years faster.

Cheers,
    Rob

6. 92934_deleted
    92934_deleted Member
    Thanks, Rob, I'll keep you in mind. It looks like OpenSCAD will work for me, at least for now (it's an easy transition from POV-Ray, as it involves combining basic solids).

Larry