Home » Support » 3D Applications » Sketchup design size problems
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Sketchup design size problems [message #31019] Sun, 17 July 2011 13:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar Asphalt  is currently offline Asphalt
Go to my shop
Hi Everyone,
I created my first designs yesterday using Sketchup. I converted them and repaired them with little issue once I downloaded the recommended software. My problem is that they kept being rejected for being too small. Originally my designs were roughly 1.5cmX1.5cmX5CM in size. I know there are many things much smaller than this available on Shapeways. I had to keep scaling them up until they were closer to 3X3X8cm before they were accepted. Can anyone give me any advice on how to make small pieces using sketchup? Thank you in advance.
Sean
Re: Sketchup design size problems [message #31042 is a reply to message #31019 ] Mon, 18 July 2011 00:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Hi Sean, welcome to Shapeways Smile

It sounds like you may be having issues with units...hard to say with limited info. What file format are you uploading in?

If the Sketchup file isn't proprietary, you can PM it to me and I'll take a look.

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"

Previous Topic:Unbiased rendering
Next Topic:Export to STL from within Sketchup

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.