Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » limiting materials a product is available in
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
limiting materials a product is available in [message #30755] Tue, 12 July 2011 22:34 UTC Go to next message
avatar Dungeon Beast  is currently offline Dungeon Beast
Go to my shop
I design primarily in metal. That means my wall sizes are different than designing for glass or sandstone. How do I restrict what materials a person can buy my designs in? I would like to offer my designs only in materials that they can be successfully printed in.

Is there another thread somewhere about this topic?

If you like my shapeways designs check out some of my other designs at
http://www.BryanJohnson.ca
Re: limiting materials a product is available in [message #30779 is a reply to message #30755 ] Wed, 13 July 2011 06:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
On the model page, below 'catergories' you have 'Not available in' and a drop down menu. Just below that is a clicky-linky 'Add all materials' - click that, and then click the trash can next to the materials you want your model to be available in. And just below the 'Add all materials' is a menu for choosing the default material you'd like people to see in the gallery and on the model page.

Click on [Save Changes] at the bottom of the page and then refresh the page.

You can now add your markup for each material you have made available, but you must save each change.

You can also do all of the above by clicking on 'Go To Product Inventory' (making changes there only needs one save after all your changes have been made)

Hope this helps,
Paul
Re: limiting materials a product is available in [message #30806 is a reply to message #30755 ] Wed, 13 July 2011 15:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Dungeon Beast  is currently offline Dungeon Beast
Go to my shop
Thanks Paul! That's what I needed to know. Once I figure it out a bit, this system is pretty easy to use.
Cheers,
B

If you like my shapeways designs check out some of my other designs at
http://www.BryanJohnson.ca

Previous Topic:Free $75 advertising
Next Topic:ref field

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.