pricing problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bdeaver, Jul 9, 2011.

1. bdeaver
    bdeaver Member
    Is anyone else having pricing problems? As of yesterday, my Product Inventory prices don't match my Product page prices. But, if I log out and visit my page, the price that buyers see is the one from the Product page. To make matters worse, if I click around on different materials in the Product page price list, they update to match the Product Inventory list. But this isn't the price that the buyer sees. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    I only joined two days ago and have noticed the price differences when you are logged in or out. I sent service an email explainig this with a screen print of both occurrences, waiting for thier reply.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  3. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Most of the time the price differences are due to the VAT. When you are logged in and you live in Europe, VAT is added. When you are not logged in, Shapeways cannot know if VAT applies to you or not, and VAT is not included.
    Check if the price difference is 19%: if this is the case then VAT is the answer.

4. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    It looks like you hit the nail right on the head.
    The dreaded Vatman

Thanks for that

I like your shop.

5. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Happy to have been able to help (and happy that you like my shop ;)).

I hope to see soon your chess set becoming reality...

6. bdeaver
    bdeaver Member
    Thanks for the info, but I don't think that is my problem. The price difference is about 10%. I'm in the US so, if I'm logged in, my price should be lower (lacking the VAT). But my price is higher when I'm logged in.

7. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    Hope you get it sorted.

8. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    If you are in the US, the prices should be the same, logged or un-logged...
    The only other case I've seen with inconsistencies in prices was in the inventory management for the co-creators models: in the inventory page the volume of the uploaded model was taken into account, not the volume entered in the co-creator form (I don't know if this has been fixed yet). But this does not seem to be your case since I didn't notice any co-creator in your shop...

9. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member

on the same subject, anyone noticed a double price for full color sandstone?

i uploaded a model with 15cm2 , the cost was $32+ ..
    (i have no issues with logged in/out)

i deleted the model , will try again later

10. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    On hollowed models, if the tunnel linking the internal shell to the external shell is too small (smaller than 0.01 mm for instance) then it can happen that the hollowing is not taken into account...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  11. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    its a flat square (coaster) no hollow parts