Home » Community » General Discussion » Default material option
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Default material option [message #28913] Sat, 11 June 2011 22:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways comes through again and I see you have now added a "Default Material" option on the model page. I have long wanted this in order to choose what material price is shown in the thumbnails when someone browses models; as I've said before if a user sees a ring at $30 in s/steel and another at $6 in WSF they may simply not bother clicking through on the s/s one.

Thanks.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Except ... [message #29100 is a reply to message #28913 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 14:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
does not work as advertised.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2011 16:04 UTC]

Re: Default material option [message #29101 is a reply to message #28913 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 15:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
It appears to be a set refresh thing, I'll get Ben on it.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Default material option [message #29104 is a reply to message #28913 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 15:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar horst  is currently offline horst
Go to all my models
I work here
lensman wrote on Sat, 11 June 2011 22:20

Shapeways comes through again and I see you have now added a "Default Material" option on the model page. I have long wanted this in order to choose what material price is shown in the thumbnails when someone browses models...

I'm glad to hear you like this, Lensman! Thanks for the feedback.

Shapeways Front-End Product Lead
Re: Except ... [message #29107 is a reply to message #29100 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 15:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar horst  is currently offline horst
Go to all my models
I work here
trompevenlo wrote on Wed, 15 June 2011 14:59

Did anybody actually test it?
And no, it's neither cache nor VAT.

Yes, of course we tested it, and we did not see any problems like this in that process. I've shared your bug report with my QA team and they'll be analyzing it right away.

I appreciate you sharing bug and problem reports with us, but I do not think a sarcastic tone is beneficial on our forum. I want to encourage a welcoming environment and constructive conversation (including criticism). This is better for everybody involved.

-Ben

Shapeways Front-End Product Lead

Previous Topic:no WSF, only WSF polished
Next Topic:Questions about working in silver

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.