Home » Community » Feature this!  » feature this?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
feature this? [message #28596] Sat, 04 June 2011 15:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
still have never had any products featured on the front page...
(update: I've actually had Canvas Wrap Tree, 67 Degrees and Building Block all featured and should pay more attention)
not to complain, but I'll complain. would be nice to see a better rotation of not the same products from designers that have enjoyed a lot of time on the front page. delete this forum if it's not going to be utilized.
(update: this forum is utilized and effort is put into selecting a variety of designs that meet certain criteria)

ranting over, here's my honey ring. would love to see it featured. http://www.shapeways.com/model/229121/honey_ring.html

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2011 12:57 UTC]

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: feature this? [message #28601 is a reply to message #28596 ] Sat, 04 June 2011 17:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I don't know if you realised, but your Honey Ring was featured in the Friday Finds blog entry, which is also announced on Twitter... it might also be featured in the next newsletter too.

Also have a read of this post http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2590&a mp;start=0&

And the eight Featured products on Shapeways homepage change if you refresh the page - there's an algorithm at work for that one, but I'm pretty sure that one of the criteria is something like 'an official Shapeways this-should-be-featured' flag.

fwiw, I love the items you design http://www.shapeways.com/forum/images/message_icons/icon14.gif

Re: feature this? [message #28651 is a reply to message #28601 ] Mon, 06 June 2011 13:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
thanks for the response, I was aware of those posts, and probably sounded ungrateful, which I am not. I just see being on the front splash page as being very helpful in driving traffic to your design and was feeling sorry for myself for never getting there, alas I'm over it.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: feature this? [message #28704 is a reply to message #28651 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 08:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey Jeff,

our usual bribe for a spot on the homepage is a keg of beer Wink

On a more serious note: good point, we'll work on that!

Thanks,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: feature this? [message #28718 is a reply to message #28704 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 10:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for bringing this up,
I do check this forum just about every day to see what is new and exceptional on Shapeways.

I have had recent discussions on the criteria for the front page, what we feature and why.

Firstly we will only feature items with good photographs, that are well lit, clear in a 450x324 or 700x519 format. We want to ensure items on the front page have been successfully 3D printed. We also will change models based on current promotions be they seasonal, material or style. We will also help promote those items that are being promoted online and are proven to be popular.

We would love to see curation of the front page put into the hands of the community, but we first need to set the presentation standards by the images you see on the front page.

Jeff your items are a great example of this and in the past we have featured on the front page your Canvas Wrap Tree, 67 Degrees and Building Block.

If you would like to submit some ideas for the front page you can curate a group by making a widget of your favorite 12 to 16 items and let me see what you have in mind?

Thanks again, Duann

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2011 10:13 UTC]

Duann Scott

Re: feature this? [message #28728 is a reply to message #28718 ] Tue, 07 June 2011 12:53 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
so Duann, what you're saying is I should pay more attention to the site and abstain from making assumptions because it's difficult to curate a selection of designs that meet shapeways' criteria as well as pleasing all the community members.

well put & keep up the good work. I'll see about putting together a collection of designs from the community to promote.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign

Previous Topic:Ceramic teacup (that looks like a bird)
Next Topic:Sebastian's Voodoo

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.