Shipping in the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 85943_deleted, May 25, 2011.

1. 85943_deleted
    85943_deleted Member
    Hello everyone,

My name is Charlie and I am brand new to the shapeway community! I want to do some 3d printing for my graduation project, but I have some questions about the shipping/production time...

I reckoned that there is a 'shapeway building' in the Netherlands, and because I live in the Netherlands, I was wondering if the production takes there place, or in the U.S.A...

The deadline for my project is over 1 month, and because i am still researching the possibilities of what to do, i really need to know some exact shipping time data :)

i would love to print my project in stainless steel (and maybe also some Frosted Ultra Detail haha)

any info is really appreciated :)
    charlie

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    All but stainless I believe are made in the Netherlands. Stainless is 15 business days after your order. FUD (frosted ultra detail) was 10 business days, but because of high demand and a machine going down I believe it is up to 15 as well.

3. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Yes Youknowwho4eva is right,,, Stainless steel is done in the USA,, the other materials are made in the Netherlands!

Not sure about the FUD material though!

And also like he says: business days!
    So weekends aren't included!

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I think FUD uses the same machines as the Detail materials?
    Also Silver and Ceramic I'm not sure about. I know Stainless is done in Pittsburgh, a couple hours North of me.

5. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    Not really!

Details materials are printed with Objet printers!
    the FUD materials are printed on a 3D systems printer!
    Invision if im right!

6. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    @youknowwho @jettuh you guys sure know your stuff :)

@berechar is there anything else we can help with?

7. 85943_deleted
    85943_deleted Member
    i allready had some contact with Cristel Hagens from Shapeways, but i am just a little bit concerned about the production time / delivery time... there is a tight deadline coming up :(

at this moment the plan is to order multiple small objects (1cm * 1cm * 1cm) in 'Black Detail Plastic' (and or Frosted Detail), on the 10th of June.

so if it would take 10 working days, they would be delivered around 27/28 of July... ? would suit me, I just hope it will be there :)

offcourse it isnt possible to have a perfect guarantee, but i just hope it really mucho :p

8. bartv
    bartv Member
    @berechar: some additional info: as a rule shipments to the Netherlands don't arrive quicker than the ones in far away countries. We keep shipping time into account when we're planning the production. Of course, whenever we do have some spare capacity we'll always do our best to speed things up and deliver quicker!

Bart

9. 85943_deleted
    85943_deleted Member
    it should be delivered this week according to the 10 working days. so i'll keep my fingers terribly crossed, and hope for the best, otherwise i'll have big bad problems next week...

10. Smolderz
    Smolderz Member
    Hi berechar,

I have an order with 1 Polished WSF model and a couple more FUD models. Today marks the 18th working day in production... :) I'm affraid your not going to receive your order that soon, sorry! :blush:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011