Z scale Switcher Locomotive Shell

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by stonysmith, May 16, 2011.

1. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I have been anxiously awaiting my new design in FUD.. one of my customers received theirs today (before mine arrived :eek: ) and I couldn't wait to share:

gs1a.jpg
    gs1b.jpg

1:220 scale requires things to be SO tiny! I am really happy that the handrails turned out properly (even if a bit warped)

A full story and a few more pictures are available here:
    http://www.zcentralstation.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&a mp;a mp;Itemid=&func=view&catid=33&id=10914#10914

Also.. sorry for the slightly fuzzy photos.. FUD in it's natural state is rather tricky to photograph... the camera would rather focus on something with a higher degree of contrast.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. 3401_deleted
    3401_deleted Well-Known Member
    That looks great ! :) Unfortunately, I couldn't see any of the other pictures at Zcentralstation because they are hidden for guests...

I'm wondering: What is the thickness of the handrails ?

3. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    I love seeing the flood of FUD !!!

4. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    You're not trying to be fuddy are you, Duann?!

Glenn

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  5. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Oh, for FUDs sake the jokes are getting worse ;)

Seriously though, FUD opens up all sorts of possibilities for miniature modelling... Keep up the good work stoney [​IMG]

6. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    The handrails are 3" in scale dimensions (1:220).. which amounts to 0.35mm :eek:

They will break off easily if bumped.. I'm going to try some fillets to see if that will help.

Ah, the downside of helping to maintain a website.. keeping non-members out of the forums was a decision we made to help cut down on the hacker traffic. If you're into Z scale at all.. I'd encourage you to join.. it's free, and we have a good bit of fun there.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  7. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Just got my miniature TARDIS earring in... wow, are the details small. I needed a magnifying glass to see them. I have no idea how I'm going to photograph it.

Glenn