Army of FUD Part II

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by CGD, May 13, 2011.

1. CGD
    CGD Member
    And here are some small soldiers in FUD. Models in 1:144, the figure measures 12mm standing upright. The pin is for scale, which measures 38mm or 1.5 in in length (but some of it goes into the sticky putty. And yes, those are my finger prints on the putty :D ).:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 48132_deleted
    48132_deleted Member
    Oh sweet, It was impossible to do proportionate figures this small before and now not only can you do them but perfectly as well, thank you for sharing and good work!

(by proportionate I mean that even for 20mm minis you would have to thicken the limbs and wrists on non clothed figures so they would look kind of silly etc, .3mm wall is so sweet it isn't even funny)

3. CGD
    CGD Member
    Thanks RogerX!

Yes, I've waited for ages to do a not "silly looking, big head, cartoon-ish" figure. If FUD isn't here soon enough, I'll have to print the figures in silver and then re-cast them...

4. 3401_deleted
    3401_deleted Well-Known Member
    That looks great ! :) After seeing these figures (great modeling, by the way!) I'm quite sure my railway parts will look perfect !
    Just a question: did you get the parts in the promised 10 working days or did it take a bit longer ?

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  5. CGD
    CGD Member
    Hi fx,

The package took longer to arrive and also incomplete. But thanks to Shapeways' CS, things are fixed.

Something strange happened today though. I received an email telling me my second batch of figures will be delayed. Then tonight I got another message telling me that the order is in production. FIve minutes later, another email said the order has been shipped!! :eek:

6. 48132_deleted
    48132_deleted Member
    North Pole Special Ops Elves with time machines wreaking havoc at Shapeways! Santa is jealous Shapeways is usurping his toy making monarchy! :eek:

7. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Awesome models CGD!

8. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    For a brief moment there I thought you'd stuck the pin IN your thumb! True artistic dedication!

By the way did you model these with that extra bit on the bottom of each model or did they come like that?

Glenn

9. CGD
    CGD Member
    :laughing: Not a bad idea. Cast a thumb model and use as pin cushion.

They are detachable foot plates. If Shapeways can add them automatically, I'll be very very happy! :laughing:

CGD