HELP!! Accident Happened

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by Mechanoid, May 10, 2011.

1. Mechanoid
    Mechanoid Well-Known Member
    When uploading corrections to a model, I accidently hit
    the "GO" button that turned Co-Creator ON. How do I turn
    that off?

Yes I'm a rookie. Don't throw me to the lions. LOL

Thanks

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    As long as you don't publish the co-creator, no one will see it as a co-creator. If you do, then all you have to do is unpublish it.

3. Mechanoid
    Mechanoid Well-Known Member
    Thank You, So basically as long as I keep it hidden, then
    I don't have to worry. Ok. That works.

Thank You.

4. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    Hello

The same accident has happened to me, I have several models that are marked as co-creator.

Example:
    https://www.shapeways.com/model/341421/1_300_focke_wulf_fw187 .html?gid=ug

However, they are not intended to be modifiable, I just want to sell one fixed design.

What does "publish co-creator" mean here? Publish the model for sale in the shop? Or is there a separate function "publish co-creator" for a model?

Is there a way to reset the "Co-creator" tag?

I would like to sell those models, but not as Co-creators, just one fixed model.

Greetings
    Karl Heinz

5. Youknowwho4eva
    When you hit the Go for Co-Creator you have to set up the customizable fields and click a publish button for it to be active as a Co-Creator.

6. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
    Thanks for the quick answer.

Pardon my insisting. Maybe I am temporarily dumb, but I don't get your explanation.

Where is the "Go" button for Co-creator that you mention?

When I go into the page of a model, and set "Edit page" to "ON", I see a link "Edit this Co-Creator" (or "Make this model a Co-Creator") in the lower left corner. I guess that's what you call the "Go" ?

When I click that, I get a pop-up where I can enter the co-creator information. That has a button "Save Template Details", but nothing that says "Publish"?

And, as I asked before, is there a way to reset this "Co-creator" status of a model? I don't want this.

Greetings
    Karl Heinz

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Karl,

My apologies, it has changed since this thread started, and since the last time I created a Co-Creator. It used to say something like Want to make this a Co-Creator and it had a button that said "Go". That is now the link you are referring too. Then when you had you pop-up for the Co-Creator, you had to hit a button that said "Publish", and if it wasn't published, it couldn't be ordered as a Co-Creator. Unless it has changed, once an item is a "Co-Creator" it can't just be turned off. You could try emailing service@shapeways.com to see if they can turn it off.