Home » Community » Co-Creator Feedback » HELP!! Accident Happened
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
HELP!! Accident Happened [message #27218] Tue, 10 May 2011 04:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mechanoid  is currently offline Mechanoid
Go to my shop
When uploading corrections to a model, I accidently hit
the "GO" button that turned Co-Creator ON. How do I turn
that off?

Yes I'm a rookie. Don't throw me to the lions. LOL

Thanks

I.D.I.C. = Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #27266 is a reply to message #27218 ] Tue, 10 May 2011 18:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva is currently online Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
As long as you don't publish the co-creator, no one will see it as a co-creator. If you do, then all you have to do is unpublish it.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #27268 is a reply to message #27266 ] Tue, 10 May 2011 19:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mechanoid  is currently offline Mechanoid
Go to my shop
Thank You, So basically as long as I keep it hidden, then
I don't have to worry. Ok. That works.

Thank You.

I.D.I.C. = Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #41183 is a reply to message #27266 ] Wed, 04 January 2012 12:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Hello

The same accident has happened to me, I have several models that are marked as co-creator.

Example:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/341421/1_300_focke_wulf_fw187 .html?gid=ug

However, they are not intended to be modifiable, I just want to sell one fixed design.

Youknowwho4eva wrote on Tue, 10 May 2011 18:30

As long as you don't publish the co-creator, no one will see it as a co-creator. If you do, then all you have to do is unpublish it.

What does "publish co-creator" mean here? Publish the model for sale in the shop? Or is there a separate function "publish co-creator" for a model?

Is there a way to reset the "Co-creator" tag?

I would like to sell those models, but not as Co-creators, just one fixed model.

Greetings
Karl Heinz
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #41188 is a reply to message #27218 ] Wed, 04 January 2012 13:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
When you hit the Go for Co-Creator you have to set up the customizable fields and click a publish button for it to be active as a Co-Creator.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #41199 is a reply to message #41188 ] Wed, 04 January 2012 16:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Thanks for the quick answer.

Pardon my insisting. Maybe I am temporarily dumb, but I don't get your explanation.

Where is the "Go" button for Co-creator that you mention?

When I go into the page of a model, and set "Edit page" to "ON", I see a link "Edit this Co-Creator" (or "Make this model a Co-Creator") in the lower left corner. I guess that's what you call the "Go" ?

When I click that, I get a pop-up where I can enter the co-creator information. That has a button "Save Template Details", but nothing that says "Publish"?

And, as I asked before, is there a way to reset this "Co-creator" status of a model? I don't want this.

Greetings
Karl Heinz
Re: HELP!! Accident Happened [message #41206 is a reply to message #27218 ] Wed, 04 January 2012 16:42 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I work here
Karl,

My apologies, it has changed since this thread started, and since the last time I created a Co-Creator. It used to say something like Want to make this a Co-Creator and it had a button that said "Go". That is now the link you are referring too. Then when you had you pop-up for the Co-Creator, you had to hit a button that said "Publish", and if it wasn't published, it couldn't be ordered as a Co-Creator. Unless it has changed, once an item is a "Co-Creator" it can't just be turned off. You could try emailing service@shapeways.com to see if they can turn it off.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Instant Co Create through API
Next Topic:Can't scroll Co-Creator Template