Shop logo and banner

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by noc146, Apr 13, 2011.

1. noc146
    noc146 Member
    Can I change the shop logo and banner on my Edit Shop page?

It offers browse boxes for me to upload new jpg images, but no matter what I do, the original image I posted some time ago continues to remain. My updated images never appear.

On a similar note, when I upload an avatar jpg image, I get an error message, 'The file must be a jpg.' But it IS a jpg, yet is still rejected.

Any advice? Many thanks.

2. Piggy
    Piggy Member
    I also had a similar problem where I tried to upload a jpg for my banner that showed up, but with many artifacts and super low quality. No matter what hq settings I used to re-upload it, it always showed up crappy.

3. 37075_deleted
    37075_deleted Member
    I was able to change logos but I also enquired about the logo/banner recompression right at the start of setting up a shop some months ago and no solution was available.

It seems a little odd to ask for jpg files and then compress further regardless of the size of the image instead of just applying a size limit (resolution + size on disk) on the original file when recompressed compressed images are not only poor quality they are also generally much bigger on disk than a singly compressed file of the same quality...

I also find that it appears not to be possible to remove logos or banners once they're uploaded (although it might be possible to upload a 1 x1 pixel white image, I haven't tried)

Chris

4. ErkDemon
    ErkDemon Member
    I think that "the file must be a .jpg" is probably a default error message for any file upload errors (file too large, software confused by embedded metadata tags, that sort of thing).

5. 97537_deleted
    97537_deleted Member
    I'm having the same issue.

Can anyone tell me the exact size of the banner please?

Maybe that's part of the problem when reloading...

Is there a way into the code??? HTML or CSS???

tahnks

6. 88756_deleted
    88756_deleted Member
    The banner size is 880 x 125 pixels. I had to create a dummy account and shop to find that out :( , maybe a note on the page would be more helpful?

I created a blank image of this size in Gimp then overlaid my logo on the blank image. Then when it's uploaded the aspect ratio stays the same.

7. NingHuaDesign
    NingHuaDesign Member
    Regarding banner, it's better to design your banner in Adobe Illustrator, with all vector file, save it as web formats. I prefer PNG-24. By this way, my banner looks much better.
    But I have problem with the shop logo as well. Does anyone knows the best picture size for the logo ? Even if I use vector design, the logo still look blur and ugly. :(