Home » Community » Introductions » Hey From M1NGLES
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hey From M1NGLES [message #25881] Mon, 11 April 2011 02:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar mingles  is currently offline mingles
Go to my shop
Hi there guys! I've been on Shapeways since September 2009 but I haven't ever ventured onto the forums before. I thought I better say hi before posting anywhere else.

Over the last couple of months I've been churning out designs of LEGO scaled pieces. I have a Partnership on YouTube and plan to use the custom LEGO pieces in my animations. At the moment I am desperately trying to do anything so I can to avoid studying! Laughing

Thanks for taken the time to read this, and I'm looking forward to getting involved in your community.

All the best,

Michael

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2011 02:02 UTC]

Re: Hey From M1NGLES [message #25898 is a reply to message #25881 ] Mon, 11 April 2011 07:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Good to see you here, M!NGLES!

It seems that Lego models are getting more and more popular on Shapeways. I'm quite interested in talking to external Lego communities and see how we can work with them. Do you happen to have any contacts in that direction?

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Hey From M1NGLES [message #25946 is a reply to message #25881 ] Tue, 12 April 2011 01:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mingles  is currently offline mingles
Go to my shop
Hey Bart!

I'm currently working on getting involved in several external communities myself. At the moment, I'm seeing a lot of interest from people after posting images onto Flickr. There is an extremely large market out there for this and I intend on continuing to expand into it. Once I properly advertise my Shapeways shop on my YouTube channel, I will be able to bring more people over here and create awareness among the other animators on YouTube. I will keep my eye out for potential contacts for you! Smile

Michael
Re: Hey From M1NGLES [message #25971 is a reply to message #25946 ] Tue, 12 April 2011 15:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey M1NGLES, welcome! Lego stuff is really fun, I'm excited to see someone making use of the whole 3D printed Lego pieces opportunity.

See you around. Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Hey From M1NGLES [message #25982 is a reply to message #25898 ] Tue, 12 April 2011 18:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
bartv wrote on Mon, 11 April 2011 07:03

Good to see you here, M!NGLES!

It seems that Lego models are getting more and more popular on Shapeways. I'm quite interested in talking to external Lego communities and see how we can work with them. Do you happen to have any contacts in that direction?

Cheers,

Bart

Hey Bart,

First point of call is The LEGO Group (TLG), www.lego.com for anything to do with LEGO Wink

There are community sites that cater for LEGO enthusiasts (some are sanctioned by TLG)

www.peeron.com - set inventories and instructions

www.brickshelf.com - LEGO fan site for enthusiasts to show off their own creations, either real or CG

www.MOCpages.com - another fan based community site to show off (My) Own Creations

www.lugnet.com - international LEGO User Group Network - for fans of LEGO everywhere - where you'll also find LEGO ambassadors frequenting the forums.

Smile
Paul

---------------

Hiya M1NGL3S, from a LEGO fan of 38 years Smile

Previous Topic:Underwater Water Flowing Animation Created in Blender
Next Topic:3d materials and modelling glue!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.