Home » Support » 3D Applications » Need help re colour files and ZBrush
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need help re colour files and ZBrush [message #25579] Sun, 03 April 2011 20:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I *might* have finally had some success with painting a model in Meshlab and uploading it, although I'm still testing...

BUT what I really want to be able to do is paint my model in ZBrush since the masking-by-cavity is really handy when it comes to nice painting. However, I have NO idea how to get the model prepped for upload to Shapeways when painted. I can't even find a way of exporting the UV's (if that's what I need to do) and Zbrush doesn't export to VRML format.

Has anyone had any success with this and give me a few pointers?

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Need help re colour files and ZBrush [message #25919 is a reply to message #25579 ] Mon, 11 April 2011 12:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
I answered my own question: Get ZBrush 4 - works much better with a plug-in for 3D printing exporting.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/238711/whale_fluke_breaking_w ater.html?gid=ug31952

index.php?t=getfile&id=8187&private=0

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:Texture Image Partially Disappears from Preview
Next Topic:Something goes wrong with sketchup / meshlab / java preview

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.