Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Missing face on "My Design" page
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Missing face on "My Design" page [message #25395] Tue, 29 March 2011 01:02 UTC Go to next message
avatar theclonefactory  is currently offline theclonefactory
Go to my shop
I just uploaded a model and noticed that a face is missing on the default picture under "My Designs"

http://www.shapeways.com/model/232336/arc_pauldorn__v_1_.htm l?gid=ug45133

it should appear on the right hand, top side, where it appears you can look through the model.

I uploaded the model twice but get the same result.

This face is present in sketchup, meshlab and accutrans. Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2011 01:03 UTC]

Re: Missing face on "My Design" page [message #25401 is a reply to message #25395 ] Tue, 29 March 2011 07:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Your model is set to private so we can't see it. If you mail the file to bart@shapeways.com, then I'll check it out for you.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Missing face on "My Design" page [message #26285 is a reply to message #25395 ] Wed, 20 April 2011 18:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Piggy  is currently offline Piggy
Go to my shop
Is it perhaps an inverted normal that for some reason doesn't get shown?
Re: Missing face on "My Design" page [message #26294 is a reply to message #26285 ] Wed, 20 April 2011 20:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar theclonefactory  is currently offline theclonefactory
Go to my shop
Actually it was because my modeling skills are crap. Sad But they are improving. Smile

Thank you for the help.

Previous Topic:Mathematica supports export to .STL, .X3D, and .VRML
Next Topic:Packaging textures to UV from Rhino 3D

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.