Home » Support » 3D Printing » Best Keychain material
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Best Keychain material [message #24945] Thu, 17 March 2011 20:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar Master Thief-117  is currently offline Master Thief-117
Go to my shop
I was wondering what is the best material to make a keychain, besides any metals (I don't want it getting too expensive).

Also how strong are each of the materials? I know they are usually printed hollow, so this kind of scares me when thinking about keychains.
Re: Best Keychain material [message #24946 is a reply to message #24945 ] Thu, 17 March 2011 21:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bitstoatoms  is currently offline bitstoatoms
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi There,

For a keychain I would use the dyed white strong and flexible (Black strong flexible) as white would get grubby if you do not seal it somehow.

Also I would not make it hollow but 2 to 3mm thick should be strong enough.

Anyone else have experience with keychains?

Duann Scott

Re: Best Keychain material [message #24966 is a reply to message #24945 ] Fri, 18 March 2011 12:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I know the sandstone ones that were included in a couple of my orders didn't last too long in my pocket. I wouldn't feel too comfortable carrying anything but stainless in my pocket, but that goes with every day objects, Other than my wallet everything is metal or it doesn't last too long. (Even my poor old wallet could use replacing)

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Does the Processing for WSF remove material?
Next Topic:model rejected due to ratio thickness/length

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.