Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Work in progress » Tiny Anti-Gravity racer
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Tiny Anti-Gravity racer [message #23510] Mon, 07 February 2011 16:22 UTC Go to next message
avatar Spongeinside  is currently offline Spongeinside
Go to my shop
So I've been working on this Anti-Gravity racer for a couple of days now Smile But I've ran in to an slight issue I think.. Because the model has a pretty big massive part is't somewhat expensive to print, so I've been trying to 'hollow' it as much as I can, but I think because of the limits of my skills and software I'm using (Sketchup) I can't really see if the hollow parts I'm making inside the model come too close to the outside surface, making those spots too thin and causing problems during printing.

I've uploaded an updated version of the model with hollow parts in it, and the site says it is printable but I'm still having some doubts...

So I was kind of wondering if someone more skilled would be willing to spend a few minutes to have a look at the model to see if the clearances are good enough Smile

I'll send a link to the file via pm if someone wouldn't mind having a look Smile
(I can send it in .skp , .dae or .stl file format)

Thanks!

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!
Re: Tiny Anti-Gravity racer [message #23512 is a reply to message #23510 ] Mon, 07 February 2011 16:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Grab yourself a copy of NetFabb Studio Basic, or MeshLab. Both have measuring tools Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 07 February 2011 16:29 UTC]

Previous Topic:Valentines Bracelet
Next Topic:interlaced but seperate objects

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.