Model Rides

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 46486_deleted, Feb 1, 2011.

1. 46486_deleted
    46486_deleted Member
    Yay, *Forum Title*
    3rd Order, and continually wanting more!
    I had 3 Model Rides printed that I only ordered about 8 working days ago, so again, a good service by ShapeWays!
    They are N Scale Model Fair Rides, scale is 2mm to the foot.
    On with some photos!

Fun House, 50ft wide..It's only a frame, to save on costs, I'll PlastiCard it later:
    DSC_1012-1.JPG

Dodgems... 40ft x 60ft track, Again just frame:
    DSC_1014-1.JPG

And a close-up of 1 of the 16 Cars:
    DSC_1021.JPG
    They are too small scale wise, but I'll redo them later, they measure about 11.5mm x 7mm x 5mm, I was way out with the scale sizes, as wanted to get them to look right first, which took some time, but I got a basic recognisable Dodgem Car shape.

And finally, an overall view of them all...
    DSC_1033-1.JPG
    Also shows the Cars for the Dodgem set, the Laser Cut Challenger Kit, & The Log track, which I made only as the channels, because we can easily make the framework for it, and in the photo, it is propped up by a piece of Mountboard. The Log Channels aren't deep enough at all, so I may print another one after some basic alterations.
    The Challenger looks tiny compared to the others, but scale wise, it is fairly correct, and can probably hold the 36 capacity, but the base would look alot better if it was risen at the back, and when the Chequer Plating goes on (More PlastiCard).

All models, bar the Challenger, were Printed in WSF.
    Thanks for looking,
    Tom.