Shipping to Australia with UPS

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 67418_deleted, Jan 29, 2011.

1. 67418_deleted
    67418_deleted Member
    I've just placed my first Shapeways order, but after reading all the negative feedback about UPS, I'm worried. Ordinarily we can import items under $1000 without incurring customs duties.

Has anyone ordered from Australia and if so, did you have to pay extra to UPS?

Interesting to note that my package is tracking and started in Netherlands then went to Germany, was in Melbourne (where I need delivery) and then got shipped off to the USA!!!!! Bizarre.

My package value was $52 Australian ($48 US) so I'm hoping for 2 plastic rings and one Stainless Steel, without any nasty surprises...

Anyone with positive feedback on similar order, pls let me know.

2. Jettuh
    Jettuh Well-Known Member
    lol whats it doing in USA? :p haha

3. 67418_deleted
    67418_deleted Member
    Exactly!!!

4. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Hi There

I have had many packages sent to Australia with values up to $500 and never had any problems.

It can take a while though and sometimes the tracking gets a little weird with the item indicated as going back and forth between 2 locations but it always arrives on the date they say it will.

best of luck.

5. 67418_deleted
    67418_deleted Member
    Thank you for that! It's great to hear.

I don't mind the shipping time. I just wanted to confirm the the value before duties were charged. If I need to order bulk items I can then do multiple orders within the 'limit'.

I'll relax a little, and post feedback upon arrival. Funny watching the package 'dance in and out of the country :D

Thank you again.

6. bitstoatoms
    bitstoatoms Member
    Cool,

Post some pictures in the It Arrived forum too!!!

Cheers