Home » Support » 3D Printing » Is the thin wall test manual or automatic?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Is the thin wall test manual or automatic? [message #23159] Sat, 29 January 2011 00:14 UTC Go to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
I make model trains and had one of my models rejected due to thin walls at the end of a blunt point.

Thing is, with my trains certain parts are common to an number of models and I've had several models containing exactly the same part print off successfully only a few days ago.

So is this check something manually done, so the results may depend on the whim of the operator, I'd always assumed it was an automated test.

Which makes me ask the question, once a models been successfully printed is it tested each time or is it flagged that this has been done already? IE. could I get models being rejected that have already been printed?

Tom
Re: Is the thin wall test manual or automatic? [message #23227 is a reply to message #23159 ] Mon, 31 January 2011 13:47 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Tom,

The models are preliminarily checked via software, but have to be given a once over my a person. So, yea it is kind of at the whim of the checker.

I'd say that all are checked even if printed before. Not 100% on this, but I have seen models print and then be rejected.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Printing Questoin
Next Topic:Whiteness of Full colour Sandstone

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.