Home » Support » 3D Printing » Printing Questoin
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Printing Questoin [message #23112] Thu, 27 January 2011 20:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar Brianjkd  is currently offline Brianjkd
Go to all my models
Hi,
This is my first time printing something. I have a 3d building. I import it into miniMagics. I get the error saying it has 75 shells. What are shells. Objects whose verticies dont weld?

Does this mean I can't have objects that have multiple pieces like in the screenshots. If so, is there a program or tool that can quickly rebuild the model as one shell?

Thanks for any help!

Re: Printing Questoin [message #23132 is a reply to message #23112 ] Fri, 28 January 2011 00:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum is currently online stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shells are unconnected meshes, even if they overlap in space. If you select one vertex, and travel along edges of that shell, you will never be able to reach the vertices of other shell.

Shapeways shouldn't have a problem with that.
Re: Printing Questoin [message #23133 is a reply to message #23132 ] Fri, 28 January 2011 00:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Brianjkd  is currently offline Brianjkd
Go to all my models
Ok thanks for the reply. So your saying it shouldnt be a problem to print?

Previous Topic:text STL file: what units? mm? cm?
Next Topic:Is the thin wall test manual or automatic?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.