Material Render Pose "Select Up-axis" butons

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Cogburn, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cogburn
    Cogburn Member
    In the Material Render Pose section on my product pages, the "Select Up-axis" buttons have defaulted to the "z-axis" for new uploads. The three I've done in the last couple days will allow me to click the radio buttons for the other axes. When I do select other axes, axis of the poseable image to the left does not change.

Basically, I can only show renders manipulated in the z-axis. This really doesn't show my products well.

I have tried selecting the y-axis box and letting my computer set for long periods of time and come back to the same issue. I have never had this issue in the past until about 2-3 days ago

I'm running windows 7 and the latest version of Chrome.

2. vonstorm
    vonstorm Member
    Same here... Any answers form Shapeways?

3. weasel70
    weasel70 Member
    I just attempted every sequence I could think of, and no joy... ITS BUSTED!

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    You guys have found an older resolved post. I just tried with an existing model, and orientation is working. But I'll upload a new model to test. If someone could create a new post for this issue with browser info.

5. vonstorm
    vonstorm Member
    Its only 3 months old, and I dont see any resolution marked..
    Browser is chrome 52.0.2743.116 m

6. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    Still an issue for me. I've reached the point of frustration where I'm adding similar comments to every thread I can find on the topic to increase visibility on the matter. It's been brought up numerous times in the past month and nothing has changed from what I can see. As I've said in other threads, it happens here and there with new products and most of the time any time I update a model to a new version. I am either entirely unsuccessful in creating the renders I want and resort to uploading a new model to try again or even when I am successful it takes 3 or 4 times of re-generating renders before it works and the gif 3d preview matches as well. There are better ways to design the system to avoid these issues and I think they should be strongly considered moving forward!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.