Home » Community » Work in progress » N Scale Steam Tram
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
N Scale Steam Tram [message #22389] Mon, 10 January 2011 03:05 UTC Go to next message
avatar reecejames  is currently offline reecejames
Go to my shop
My next model project...N Gauge Steam Trams!

Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=6549&private=0

Trams just take push in wheels and the powered bogie fits into the 'toast rack' passenger car.

I started out modelling for white detail, but then ended up printing in WSF as the model probably isn't cleanable otherwise. Couplers are a slightly modified standard design and should just work as normal.

Reece James
Integration Engineer
Re: N Scale Steam Tram [message #22395 is a reply to message #22389 ] Mon, 10 January 2011 09:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Nice! So if I understand you correctly you'll be using standard parts for the wheels and engine? I'd love to see a video of that when you receive the parts.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: N Scale Steam Tram [message #22401 is a reply to message #22395 ] Mon, 10 January 2011 10:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yep, that's correct. I'm using Kato parts for this N gauge model. (The wheels and motor bogies are in-front of my keyboard currently)
I'll probably look into Bullants for any HO/TT/HOe stuff.

The logic behind the integrated coupling is a combination of simplicity and aesthetics. It also keeps it standard if someone wishes to use other N gauge gear.

My plan is to eventually take requests for speciality items, rollingstock, point levers, signals, engines etc. At the moment I'm just experementing with trams.
Very Happy

Reece James
Integration Engineer
Re: N Scale Steam Tram [message #22959 is a reply to message #22401 ] Mon, 24 January 2011 06:56 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
They arrived! Very Happy

Reece James
Integration Engineer

Previous Topic:Napkin rings
Next Topic:HO Model Traction Engine

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.