How to

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1186376_deleted, May 16, 2016.

1. How do I remove the bottom of the chair as it seems to be interfering with my ability to print it. I am using mostly meshmixer but also 123d Catch and Design.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Nice job on the scan! What are you wanting to do with this? Are you just messing around or do you have something in mind that you would like to do with the 3D print?

I have forgotten how to do the editing in Meshmixer and other free software. I could tell you how to do it in Zbrush though! :D

I could clean this scan up for you in Zbrush for $20 US. I can even copy the good side over to the bad side so both sides look ok and give you a file that you could 3D print at whatever scale you're interested in.

For another $20 I could completely remake the chair in CAD based on the scan data. From the resulting CAD file you could 3D print it or get it made full scale using CNC.

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
  4. I will look. Thanks

5. And I am trying to print this on shape ways but perfection is not really what I am going for because this is my first model but I am just tying to get the chair alone without the bottom piece. Is it possible?

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Your link isn't work, and no, you can't tell the operators to omit a part of the model. Let me take a look to see what I see.

7. Youknowwho4eva
    So I selected and deleted everything besides the chair, then I did analyse>inspector and clicked auto repair all.

Attached Files:

8. Thank you so much that is amazing.

I really appreciate your help thank you.

9. Do you know why the cost went up from $8 to $30 with your changes, with the same material and same size? It is confusing me.
    Thanks

10. Youknowwho4eva
    It sounds like you were using thicken? so your chair may have been hollow in places. I sealed the hole so that the chair is solid. I couldn't be sure without seeing the model you uploaded.

11. Thank you I am trying to thicken it as it continues to be denied to the thinness of the chair's arm.

12. Do you think that the most recent model that you edited would be able to be printed and shipped without breaking? If so I can print it anyway but I want to make sure that it will not break in shipping or production.

13. Youknowwho4eva
    What scale are you uploading it as? Can you share the 3D tools with us?

14. I finished it and I already had it printed in white strong and flexible but thank you.

15. Youknowwho4eva
    Awesome! Let us know how it comes out!

16. Thank you all for your help. I got it today and it is beyond amazing. This was an amazing first 3D printing experience.

Thanks again