Some cool pendants from the "Movies"

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by 28396_deleted, Jan 8, 2011.

1. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
  2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    They all look very cool.
    (but watch out for SW 3mm stainless deign rule and trade mark/brand name infringements ;))

3. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Thanks.
    Glad to see they were added as a favorite few minutes after upload.

Trust me i had my share of orders cancellations back in December.. when SW started to enforce this rule without prior notice btw.... however these designs do follow the 3mm wall thickness rule for metal - not to be confuses with surface details thickness..

As for trade mark/brand name infringements - there are none.
    The designs and names resemble the original movie props not an actual replica of any sort.

Then again , i trust Robert / legal department to contact me if they do. ;)

4. The name of the rose one is fantastic. I can't put a finger on what it is I like about it, but I love it!

5. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Thank you!

Here are 2 more additions - Sci-Fi:

Earth Symbol Pendant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trekkie's Necklace

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers

6. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
  7. bartv
    bartv Member
    Ka'plah!

8. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    How about a Stargate ring? That would be great!!! :p

9. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    haha Ka'plah !

@Innovo great idea - i already imagine a revolving ring with constellations signs on top a base ring... ;)

10. 35653_deleted
    35653_deleted Member
    Woah, I might just buy some of those if I have the spare cash in my next order. I like the trekkie necklace in particular; I've been meaning to design something like that for myself, but you beat me to the punch!

Your renders also look really nice. The very first one of this post (coin on red velvet) almost looked real to me the first time I saw it.

11. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Thanks! i just hope my shop will be around by then.. :D

12. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    New addition - Personalized/Co-Creator I Robot Pendant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

* Co-creator up to 8 letters - need more then 8? PM me ;)

* I believe you get with your order that rubber band too (?)

Cheers

13. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I love the Stargate pendant but I have my doubts about its printability in s/s based on my own experiences (I mean to keep all the details haflway decent, that is).

Would love to see some prints when made.

Glenn

14. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Thanks

Did you see my stainless steel Octopus details in the "It Arrived" forum? there are surface details 0.5-1mm high/width and they are seen very clearly

https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=4094&a mp;start=0&

The Star gate is 4cm wide - so the details should be great, but definitely will be awesome with Hi-res Silver when it's back to Shapeways.

15. lensman
    Ah, yes, in high-res silver it would be awesome.

Glenn

16. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    4cm wide makes around 12 cm circumference with 40 segments, each segment is 3mm (or there abouts). What is the wall thickness between segments?

17. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    And here is the Star Gate Ring 18.5mm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Details height: 1mm.
    The top middle ring swivels... (has 1mm clearance)

Cheers

18. lensman
    Looks fantastic, but I want to see the final printed piece in s/s.... I'm afraid those details are just going to fill in... and is that 1mm clearance around the entire circumference?

Glenn

19. These look great, and the modeling quality is awesome. I'd be really interested to see the result once they're printed. That said...

Not to be a downer, but I've been working as an artist and designer for years, handling all my own contracts and legal issues. I've been on both sides of trademark lawsuits, and you're definitely opening yourself up to a trademark infringement complaint.

Your designs vary slightly from the originals, which would protect you from copyright claims, but they are very similar and incorporate some trademarked logos (such as the Klingon symbol or the Stargate "A"), You're also using their trademarked names in conjunction, "Klingon", "Star Gate", etc. Trademarks have a much stronger level of protection, and very minor deviations to the design don't protect you.

If you were to, say, call them "Star Voyage", "Fringon" and "Space Gate" you'd make yourself safer. Changing the logos enough to differentiate them would be better. (for example, in my shop I have a model called a "winged alien monster" which is in many way similar to the Games Workshop "Flying Hive Tyrant")

Shapeways won't warn you that you're infringing trademark, either. They're a print on demand service, and when you check one of those uploading checkboxes you promise that you have the right to order prints of the models you upload. If you aren't correct when you check it and complete the upload, the responsibility falls onto you, and shapeways will point the lawyers in your direction.

20. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Very convincing arguments - thanks.

I re-opened my shop few days ago.. only the Fringon ring was uploaded.